• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

LOTS OF BUNNIES warning

Hotrod_2008

Alpha Buck
Went to a show today there was loads there and there was a bunny tent.. yes i went in :( small cages, only one bunny had toys, some has wire bottoms, most had hay but there where some beautiful bunnies...

IMG_3260.jpg

IMG_3259.jpg

IMG_3258.jpg

IMG_3257.jpg

IMG_3256.jpg

IMG_3255.jpg

IMG_3254.jpg

IMG_3253.jpg

IMG_3253.jpg

IMG_3252.jpg

IMG_3250.jpg

IMG_3180.jpg

IMG_3177.jpg

IMG_3171.jpg

IMG_3170.jpg

IMG_3168.jpg

IMG_3169.jpg

What beautiful bunnies! Shame about the lack of hay and space, and those uncomfortable wire mesh cage bottoms! :(

I do think there's a lot that needs improving at these kind of shows but just thought I'd explain, there's no point filling their cages with toys, they're taking up space and most rabbits wont touch them anyway.

The wire bottom cages are only for the long haired rabbits (who have plenty of padding on their feet so it's probably not that uncomfortable anyway) because they get absolutely covered in woodshavings and it all sticks in their fur, so it stops them getting tangled up in their bedding and any poo's/wee's they do goes through the mesh rather than sticking to them.

I certainly think hay should be a requirement at shows though

I agree they're pretty awful Jane.. .a lot of flat faces there.... teeth problems in the future if ever I saw it :cry:

What makes you think the agouti Nethie is poorly? I thought he/she looked petrified

i agree they need hay no matter what! poor babies. I spoke to every single bunny for at least 5 mins each. there where loads there :(

I have an angora rabbit. Perhaps I should be keeping him on wire messed floor! :lol:;)
I should also make sure that my bunnies have no hay, hardly any space to hop about and lots of wood shavings. I have been doing it all wrong! :shock:

I have an angora rabbit. Perhaps I should be keeping him on wire messed floor! :lol:;)
I should also make sure that my bunnies have no hay, hardly any space to hop about and lots of wood shavings. I have been doing it all wrong! :shock:

Lol yes didnt you no that?? pmsl

I agree they're pretty awful Jane.. .a lot of flat faces there.... teeth problems in the future if ever I saw it :cry:

What makes you think the agouti Nethie is poorly? I thought he/she looked petrified

I'd say he/she has something going on in his/her chest. Bulging eyes, more so than you'd expect with a fear response. Seen very similar in Rabbits with a Thymoma (tumour in chest)

ETA- Here is one, the late Eddie ~ RIP

004-24.jpg

Last edited:
Back