• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

advice re bonding, neuter before or after lone female..

Alpha

Warren Scout
Advice please, I have an 8yr old neutered male who lost his wifebun last week, I have been donated a female bunny by a client of mine who was trying to rehome her bunny. I know the bunny she is very sweet natured and is 3 half yrs old. My male bunny always sat by her in her run when she came to stay. Now she is ununnetured, now I will b neutering her as all my animals are, the question I have is should I wait till she is done before bonding or do I attempt it before, my thoughts behind this is would my male take to her, be more interested maybe making the bonding easier or would he drive her mad......I just want to get them together as quick as I can but obv this takes time and I'm not sure which way round to do it,

Many thanks for any advice

Normally I would neuter before but I have just recently bonded 2 buns and had the girl neutered after. The reason for this was the girl came from another home overweight anf miserable. So after I had had her about a month still depressed I decided to bond her with Lawrence annd wait until she had lost some weight prior to having the op. Putting them together cheered her up and she is now neutered and so much happier. So it can work both ways, unless the female is very hoormonal and will pester the boy to be mated with. He might not like that. If you put them together before having her neutered you will have to seoarate them for a short while after her op but my 2 were fine again. I hope they like one another.

Thank you, I would normally do first too, but I don't want him going down hill and she has always been a lone bun, she is very sweet considering she hadn't been done, so I wanted to start on the bonding really. I know I will have to keep them apart for a bit when she is done but she will only b in the very next indoor cage to him bless......I really do hope its love, u never know with bunnies do u lol......

Back