• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm amazed, had to share this 'Bunny Dancing'

Amazing.:love: I wonder why the black bunny always goes back and put his nose to the thing on the ground, after each trick.

I'm not entirely sure but I think that's what she was training him to do, touch the little red thing then go back for a treat.

Harley would of been perfect for this when he was younger, He'd follow my finger or a 'pointer stick' but I didn't stick with the whole 'dancing' thing and I decided to train him to jump instead :lol:

I'm not entirely sure but I think that's what she was training him to do, touch the little red thing then go back for a treat.

Harley would of been perfect for this when he was younger, He'd follow my finger or a 'pointer stick' but I didn't stick with the whole 'dancing' thing and I decided to train him to jump instead :lol:

That really is the most amazing part of it, as she isn't giving the bunny a treat until later and so why would he have to nose the little red thing.

I couldn't get mine to do a thing. :lol:

That really is the most amazing part of it, as she isn't giving the bunny a treat until later and so why would he have to nose the little red thing.

I couldn't get mine to do a thing. :lol:

With most tricks you start off doing absolutely everything with a treat, with Harley he started off following a big dandelion leaf to go over jumps and round weave poles, once he got used to that, and being able to eat the dandelion at the end, he'd just follow my finger because he knew he'd still get the treat at the end, then eventually you don't even have to guide them with your finger, you can just get them to follow a stick, and eventually nothing at all, as long as they knew they're getting a reward at the end :)

So she'd probably of started off by guiding the rabbit to the red thing, then back to her, then once he's learned that, she might just leave a little treat on the red thing, so it goes there, gets the treat, back to her, gets another treat, they quickly pick it up

If you're interested in jumping don't train them this way though, Harley was trained with treats to jump rather than the proper way and it didn't work out

I really want to get into it now, but Harleys way too lazy and the others probably wouldn't :( :lol:

With most tricks you start off doing absolutely everything with a treat, with Harley he started off following a big dandelion leaf to go over jumps and round weave poles, once he got used to that, and being able to eat the dandelion at the end, he'd just follow my finger because he knew he'd still get the treat at the end, then eventually you don't even have to guide them with your finger, you can just get them to follow a stick, and eventually nothing at all, as long as they knew they're getting a reward at the end :)

So she'd probably of started off by guiding the rabbit to the red thing, then back to her, then once he's learned that, she might just leave a little treat on the red thing, so it goes there, gets the treat, back to her, gets another treat, they quickly pick it up

If you're interested in jumping don't train them this way though, Harley was trained with treats to jump rather than the proper way and it didn't work out

I really want to get into it now, but Harleys way too lazy and the others probably wouldn't :( :lol:

OH did get Mr Bennett to do one thing and he always does it now, take a crunchie standing in the corner of the dog crate, even though the door is always wide open.

I wouldn't have the patience to teach them anything. :lol:

OH did get Mr Bennett to do one thing and he always does it now, take a crunchie standing in the corner of the dog crate, even though the door is always wide open.

I wouldn't have the patience to teach them anything. :lol:

Aww haha :lol: Harley just did really basic things that you could get him to do by following your finger, like standing on his back legs or spinning round or jumping onto a box

Hmm, wonder if I still have my old clickers :? :lol:

Mr B is the most stubborn bunny and if I try and get him not to do anything, like chew the duvet, he head butts me. :lol: AS to my other 2 as soon as they take a crunchie off me they are off in a flash.

Is amazing what some like your Harley will do.

my first mini lop mitzi used to dance, and things, until he was neutered then lost interest :lol: as his mind was elsewhere

mabel will chase a ball, and she can also walk on 2 legs

Back