• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grrrrrrrr a Bird cage being sold as a rabbit/ piggie hutch.

Barn Yard Bunnies

Staff member
This is a definate worry. In what world would this ever be acceptable as a hutch for a piggie or rabbit. There are loads of listings for them.:cry::cry::cry:

*link removed - please don't post links just to criticise*

Last edited by a moderator:
That's awful, it's a hamster cage for only one hamster! How can someone put that it's for a rabbit or guinea-pig?

:oops:**Gets ready for a tirade of abuse from seller** I have messaged them about it, will let you know if I get a response :oops:

:thumb: I will too.

Does anyone know if it can be sold legally as a rabbit/piggie hutch ? Can something be quoted to them so they can change the listing to hamster hutch ?

didn't think you were allowed to put things up like this. My thread got locked when I put up a small hutch.

:thumb: I will too.

Does anyone know if it can be sold legally as a rabbit/piggie hutch ? Can something be quoted to them so they can change the listing to hamster hutch ?

I just sent a polite message saying it was a hamster cage, rabbit wouldn't fit in and it would be cruel to keep a guinea in it, the cage was best suited to a hamster. I put a bit in about RSPCA sizes but tried not to make it too preachy:D

I just sent a polite message saying it was a hamster cage, rabbit wouldn't fit in and it would be cruel to keep a guinea in it, the cage was best suited to a hamster. I put a bit in about RSPCA sizes but tried not to make it too preachy:D

let us know what they say :wave:

I heard of a petshop down the road from my work selling guinea pigs to go in rody hamster cages :censored:
Don't know if they still do it though, as I think they did get into trouble.

Just got this:

It hasn't been changed yet...but here's hoping:D

Don't know how to show the answer.

My message says, Please check and let me know. I said it maybe against ebay guidelines to sell a hutch intended for a hamster for a rabbit or guinea pig.

So now tryinng to see if there is anything in any ebay guidelines.

Surely you can say its mis selling? Or something about product description needs to accurately describe product?

Back