• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby Canary or Baby Zebra Finch?

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
Any ideas, I think its probably a finch but the owner cant decide as she thought the beaks were supposed to be yellow/orange :wave:

205410_172692249529454_1248764717_n.jpg

580772_174088522723160_474551165_n.jpg

Those darker patches are now brown feathers :wave:

:love: Aww, cute!

Dunno.

I thought canary as you can see yellow, but I don't know. Only time will tell I guess.

her name is Strawberry :love: shes really cute, if you hold her up to about eye level and then bob your head she copies :lol: but she did poo in my hand the other day :evil::lol:

I guess we will have to wait yes!

I would hazard a guess and say canary...but it really could be either:lol::lol: strawberry is :love::love: whatever he/she is:thumb:

we arent sure which nest she fell out of, theres a finch nest and a canary nest right next to each other :lol: both equally bad birdy parents ;)

we arent sure which nest she fell out of, theres a finch nest and a canary nest right next to each other :lol: both equally bad birdy parents ;)

We had them in an indoor aviary years ago but the youngest was allergic to feathers:roll: I think he/she looks more like a canary baby....but wouldn't like to say for sure as it was about 8 years ago I last saw a baby:lol:

We had them in an indoor aviary years ago but the youngest was allergic to feathers:roll: I think he/she looks more like a canary baby....but wouldn't like to say for sure as it was about 8 years ago I last saw a baby:lol:

doh thats not good :( will be interesting to see then, should her feathers turn yellow then if shes a canary? :wave: they have yellow and greenish coloured canaries and white finches and normal finches and a dove :lol: so who knows!

doh thats not good :( will be interesting to see then, should her feathers turn yellow then if shes a canary? :wave: they have yellow and greenish coloured canaries and white finches and normal finches and a dove :lol: so who knows!

Yeah from what I remember they yellow as they come through...some can be browny/yellow or a green/yellow. I think the finch babies will come through with their natural markings too...it was a long time ago though:oops: She looks quite big for a finch baby but I am really no expert:oops: I loved having them though, it was lovely to hear then singing in a morning:D

Yeah from what I remember they yellow as they come through...some can be browny/yellow or a green/yellow. I think the finch babies will come through with their natural markings too...it was a long time ago though:oops: She looks quite big for a finch baby but I am really no expert:oops: I loved having them though, it was lovely to hear then singing in a morning:D

ahh could be a canary then! they're lovely to listen to :love:

Looking at the beak shape and the fact the top overlaps a little on the top id say canary :)
pretty one at that.
there is that many morphs of canary colour she wont neccesarrily have yellow in her xx

thanks everyone :wave: shes looking even more bird like today and was grooming herself (those pictures are really old ones, will get new on Wednesday) :thumb:

Back