• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Warrington RSPCA

Daniel

Alpha Buck
Gone looking for a friend for my rabbit, maybe one or two and wanted to know more about the rabbits inside.

Just been Warrington RSPCA and I'm not impressed. Some of the rabbits are in 4ft hutches and a few are in runs, they have the wrong information on the hutches and on a book thing showing the rabbits and what hutches or runs they are in. One hutch said black lop male, but had a white rabbit inside.

No staff where the rabbits are and when i went to speak to one, i said I'm looking for a rabbit, the staff member said "and". I had to ask how does it work, she said "Pick one, fill in a form, pay £5 deposit and have a home check". I then had to ask, what was the home check for she said "to see if you got a hutch and run".

That was it, no one offered to show us or talk about the rabbits, didn't ask if we had one.

Does anyone know another rescue around Warrington, i don't really want to travel to far but may have too.

Hmmmm Ill be honest they arent great with buns there. There is also Wirral RSPCA who are lovely, and Manchester and Salford RSPCA.

Hmmmm Ill be honest they arent great with buns there. There is also Wirral RSPCA who are lovely, and Manchester and Salford RSPCA.

It's annoyed me, how can they expect people to have bigger hutches if they don't themselves, there was a bun in a 2 tier hutch, not for re-homing and had really bad eyes, running with thick white gunk. The local pets at home have bigger hutches and keep there rabbits in bigger enclosures than they do. I can see why they nearly closed, i won't be going again.

I’ll have to see about contacting one of the others then.

Hi

Just wanted to say that dont be too harsh on them. rescues often have little funding and little space. The housing requirements can be more relaxed when it comes to temporarily homing a rabbit than when a rabbit is given it's forever home and a home check undertaken.

If it is very local to you, maybe speak to one of the staff who seems approachable to ask questions and find out more. DOnt forget, your new buns would have less carrier/transport trauma being brought from 2 miles away than 10. and you would be creating more space in that rescue.

Hi

Just wanted to say that dont be too harsh on them. rescues often have little funding and little space. The housing requirements can be more relaxed when it comes to temporarily homing a rabbit than when a rabbit is given it's forever home and a home check undertaken.

If it is very local to you, maybe speak to one of the staff who seems approachable to ask questions and find out more. DOnt forget, your new buns would have less carrier/transport trauma being brought from 2 miles away than 10. and you would be creating more space in that rescue.

There is no information with the rabbits, it's a case of pick, leave a deposit and wait for a home check, what if the buns needs medical treatment, what about bonding advice? I'll rather go somewhere that knows about rabbits.

hi, see what ur saying, and you were unfortunate in that it sounds like u spoke to a rather curt staff member who wasnt bothered - but that might not be reflective of everyone there, and it might be worth another try. but obviously your decision....

Good luck!

Back