• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Its been a while!

shadow05

Mama Doe
hiya everybody, :)

srry ive not been on for a while. just been getting settled in to flat properly and stuff scooter is still in a small pen :( unfortunately but he does get more time out than he use to but only when were in flat because we cant let him out when where not here the land lady doesnt want any free roaming animals hence why where not allowed a cat or a dog, which sucks.

Scooters doing fine i think hes pretty chuffed with the whole moving which im not surprised more room to make a mad dash. hes still getting use to walking on laminate ive tried putting some carpet and a rug down for him.

soon hell be having an extra large dog crate in the living room with a secound level. the bf has decided that hes going to help me afford to do this. thank good cause it wud have taken me a while to do it. lol at moment where just shopping around for a cheap extra large dog crate his dads a carpenter so where going to have him do the wood work. i just need to know what wood is suitable for a rabbit?

i went to LND the other week to have a look around for the first time and its really good they have got small cages at the moment for the rabbit and guinea pigs but then again it wasn't so long since they had moved they where telling me and the bf that they where planning on doing some more work in the shop so that they have better pens for all there mammals and reptiles. i saw this really nice female rabbit she was a dwarf lop only 7 months old she was bought into there shop cause her last owner didn't want her. she had a neck flab but when i picked her up she seemed quite thin so im guessing that she use to be pretty tubby and had lost quite a bit of weight since she had come to the shop other than she seemed okay. i was really tempted to get her she had a lovely temperament. but unfortunately due to only just moving in i don't have my other spare cage that she cud have gone in. she wud have been a good rabbit to pair with scooter as well :(.

i managed to get a furminator for scooter its really good and its managed to him out a bit more better now. done know why but hes been shedding a lot and bad since we moved here. most be because different temperatures and stuff? ive checked him over countless times and he seems to be all good no flea or mites now damaged skin or anything.

Not sure why you'd want a dog or cat with a rabbit running around the place :lol: they can also be very expensive. We have to keep Poppy and Leo away from my bfs dog who probably wouldn't hurt them but he is a big dog and starts growling at them after a while if he sees them, but that girl bunny probably just had a big dewlap so probably wasn't spayed. Which would have meant more cost to you, and it wouldn't really be fair closing 2 rabbits in a dog crate tbh, Poppy has a 48 inch one and it's too small to shut her in. Might be more beneficial to sort this new crate out and save for a puppy pen, then it would be easier for you to adopt if they had that free range time when you're in :wave:

Probably is the temperature, Leo has only just finished fluffing everywhere :roll: but the outdoor buns have started now! They have little tutus :lol:

Last edited:
Back