• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Humphrey Cushion - 1 year on

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Humphrey arrived on the 10th July last year, not for one minute did I expect him to still be with us 1 year later :love: He has given me the best bunny year of my life and I shall never ever forget it :D

he is now an 11.5 year old, getting older by the day, bunny. His hernia has now increased in size and the other day we made the difficult decision not to operate on him when the time comes :( the chances are he will not survive the GA but that isn't what is concerning me. We are more worried that he will survive the op but that his body wont be able to recover and he will be left in pain and unable to walk. There is no way he deserves the last days of his life to be filled with so much stress and agony :(

He still loves life but his body can no longer keep up. He sleeps nearly all the time and his back legs have almost given up completely. This morning it broke my heart to see him wake up with excitement to see me but he was unable to get up to greet me. He was pulling on his front legs but didn't have the strength in them to get him up on his back legs :cry: I picked him up and cuddled him instead trying not to cry.

Humphrey is the most amazing wonderful bunny and I will never be able to thank him enough for all the bunny kisses and love he has given me. I just hope there are still a few more to come :love:

What a trooper! :) Humphrey just seems like a one-in-a-million bun in all respects.
A very Happy Anniversary of Humphrey's time with you. :) I hope he has many comfy and joyful days yet to come. He already has the best love. :)

Oh what a lovely bun! Bless him :love: Do you have a photo? I'd love to see him :wave:

Here you are :wave:

P1010848.jpg

Its a great testament to the love and tlc you give that he is still with you a year on. What an amazing bunny and lots of cuddles for him from me.:love:

I can't believe it's been a year already. :shock: I hope you and he get to enjoy lots more snuggles for a long while to come. :love:

Wow a year already! He is a beautiful boy, I hope you have some more happy times left with him xx

I love Humphrey Cushion. :love::love::love: I can't believe its a year either. I am sorry to hear he is slowing down. Hope there is much longer time with him.

Goodness me, is it really a whole year since he arrived? :shock:

What a special boy he is, I love my Humphrey calendar. It is on my wardrobe door. :love:

Back