PDA

View Full Version : GGGrrrr this bun was left in an abandoned house . no food/water and knee deep in muck

barbara forster
14-07-2012, 12:55 AM
:censored:
I collected this bunny yesterday afternoon.
A landlord had gone to his property because the rent hadnt been paid and discovered that tenants had disappeared. The house was empty apart from this bunny and a cat. The cat has been rehomed. I have no idea how long they had been left for.

Bunny is clean, eating and drinking well and really good at flopping on his back. Poos seem pretty normal. He is rather on the skinny side so it looks like he was saved in good time. I think its a boy as I am not that good at telling when they are so young. He is very protective of his bed so i have to open the door and let him out for a roam and clean him out while he is not looking :)

I rang the RSPCA but they havent gone back to me.

I am taking him to Kay at Bunnyhops tomorrow. I wish i could keep him but I just haven got the room and some of mine are much older. He is a live wire. :love:
http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz157/barbfrabbits/12072012166.jpg
http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz157/barbfrabbits/12072012165.jpg

CarrotEater
14-07-2012, 01:04 AM
It's awful what some people do :cry: I'm so glad he's doing alright, he's probably very happy to be looked after by you even if it's only for a little while.

Alibunmum
14-07-2012, 01:49 AM
Oh my, what huge ears he has!! I cannot get the fact that people leave pets but take possessions. Grrr. Glad he has been found in time to get some help.

MimzMum
14-07-2012, 02:23 AM
What a handsome lad! :)
A pox on his former owners. :evil:
Thank you for rescuing him and helping his kitty friend find a home.

weeble
14-07-2012, 07:21 AM
Oh wow he is going to be big - Kayj will love him :D

ripminnie
14-07-2012, 07:25 AM
Oh wow he's gorgeous :love: well done for rescuing him! :thumb: I feel like I should know you as I'm from ormskirk too!! :wave: x

Bluesmum
14-07-2012, 07:45 AM
Those ears!!! I think he will end up a BIIIIGGGGG boy :love:

What douchebags leaving them behind :(

barbara forster
14-07-2012, 07:50 AM
He is already bigger than any of mine. He is really settling down and even using his litter tray now... well until he wears it as a hat :lol:

Hi ripminnie. I live just outside in Haskayne
U still in Ormskirk ?
xx

orange
14-07-2012, 08:24 AM
Deleted

Lea-Anne
14-07-2012, 08:48 AM
Oh he looks like my old bun Radar as a baby

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/BunnyBonkers/cage7.jpg

he's going to get big :love: wish I had room :cry:

barbara forster
14-07-2012, 08:53 AM
I wish i had room too .

I am off to Derbyshire with Sooty. he is going on Take me Out for bunnies :love:

no really he is such a lovely bun and always had a partner its not fair to leave him on his own after losing Matilda last week. It sounds like there are two bunnies here who may be suitable. I rang around ll the rescues etc nearer home but there werent any that sounded good for him . wish us luck x

barbara forster
14-07-2012, 08:54 AM
wow Leanne that is one handsome bunny :love:

Lea-Anne
14-07-2012, 08:55 AM
wow Leanne that is one handsome bunny :love:

He was Barbara and he was so gentle with it. He was very special :love::love::love:

Lea-Anne
14-07-2012, 08:56 AM
I wish i had room too .

I am off to Derbyshire with Sooty. he is going on Take me Out for bunnies :love:

no really he is such a lovely bun and always had a partner its not fair to leave him on his own after losing Matilda last week. It sounds like there are two bunnies here who may be suitable. I rang around ll the rescues etc nearer home but there werent any that sounded good for him . wish us luck x

:shock::lol::lol::lol:

ripminnie
14-07-2012, 09:45 AM
He is already bigger than any of mine. He is really settling down and even using his litter tray now... well until he wears it as a hat :lol:

Hi ripminnie. I live just outside in Haskayne
U still in Ormskirk ?
xx

No I'm in Bacup now, but I really miss Ormskirk/Southport! My mum and dad live in Burscough :wave:

bunnymadhouse
14-07-2012, 09:57 AM
BEAUTIFUL .. he will be fine with kay :D

yvette
14-07-2012, 10:11 AM
ooooh....Like him.Hes a very lucky boy.So is the cat.

Those people deserve to choke on their dinners.

XxLeanne
14-07-2012, 11:33 AM
those ears :love:

MissSherwood89
14-07-2012, 11:42 AM
Those are some awesome ears! :love:

I seriously don't understand people sometimes. :evil:

PinkBun
14-07-2012, 11:54 AM
gorgeous bun :love::love::love:

Captain Helen
14-07-2012, 12:33 PM
Poor little guy :cry: He's adorable! :love: Those ears! :love: Well done for helping him xx

Rhianna
14-07-2012, 01:16 PM
My gorgeous (but norty) BARC bun George was left behind in a hutch in similar circumstances when his former owners moved out. I have him as a house bunny now as I didn't want him to ever have to go back to a hutch.

When I first adopted him he would nom all his food straight away as though he was never sure when the next meal would arrive (hardly surprising, poor darling). Now, he is much more relaxed over his noms and has really come out of himself since he was bonded with Gemma. He will even voluntarily go into his crate when I get the vaccuum out (he knows they are crated then as they kept trying to eat the cable).

I don't know what, if anything, he remembers of his former life. He remembers Auntie Angie from BARC and loves her lots for taking such good care of him but I hope he has forgotten being abandoned.

So glad this special bun is now safe and well and George sends him (or her) lots of love and empathic snuggles:love:

barbara forster
14-07-2012, 04:20 PM
Bunny safely delivered to Kayj :D

he was left inside the house in a tiny indoor hutch. he wouldnt have been able to stand up on his back legs in it. Some neighbours said the horrible people were boasting about paying 200 for him. i imagine it has been a so called starter pack. rabbit, cage, hay , bowl etc I binned the bowl and bottle yeuch :censored:

I wish there was some way I could stop shops selling animals, or at least understand the impications of what they are doing.

anyway he seems very happy in his new home when i left. :love:

thanks you so much to kayj for taking him xx

barbara forster
14-07-2012, 04:22 PM
hi Rhianna, ah I am so pleased that George found himself a nice home. Unfortunately what we do is only the tip of the iceberg where neglect and ignorance are concerned.
x

Lea-Anne
14-07-2012, 04:37 PM
Bunny safely delivered to Kayj :D

he was left inside the house in a tiny indoor hutch. he wouldnt have been able to stand up on his back legs in it. Some neighbours said the horrible people were boasting about paying 200 for him. i imagine it has been a so called starter pack. rabbit, cage, hay , bowl etc I binned the bowl and bottle yeuch :censored:

I wish there was some way I could stop shops selling animals, or at least understand the impications of what they are doing.

anyway he seems very happy in his new home when i left. :love:

thanks you so much to kayj for taking him xx

Aww well done for rescuing him Barbara. He'll be happy with Kayj :thumb:

suzibunbun
14-07-2012, 07:55 PM
Yayyy well done Barb! were you and Sooty successful on your trip?? ;);)

kayj
16-07-2012, 10:51 AM
Benji is doing great. I have been sitting in his kennel with him and he now comes and gets on my lap. He is so friendly those horrible people don't know what they have lost leaving him behind but at least Benji will be having a friend as soon as he is neutered. He is coming to work with me today for his jabs, sao he will have a nice wander around the vets.

barbara forster
16-07-2012, 11:20 PM
Yeah :D:love: he is a nice bunny. Thank you so much for taking him.

Little Sally is doing good too and I will put pics up tomorrow. She loves the garden but for some reason wont eat unless I am with her. I have slept on the sofa for two nights .. mad eh ?