• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Smudge again

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
*sigh* came up to bed to find him huddled right at the back of his carrier, no interest in pellets, no movement unless I basically pick him up. He's had a little metacam and have syringed some water into him. Tried to get him to move but I think all I'm doing is stressing him out.

Don't know what's triggered it but Nutmeg is a little off too, she's very alert and seems to be hearing something she doesn't like. She's enjoying all the treat hay I put out to tempt Smudge though!

Why always at bedtime?!

Three hours since meds and still no change, normally they kick in within 30-60 mins. No poos since at least 11pm when I changed their box, only poos from the end where Nutmeg has been sitting. He seems to want to drink but isn't, just resting his chin on the bowl.

This is different to normal. :(

Oh no, it doesn't sound good. It does seem they choose the worst times possible, bedtime on a Fri night is darned inconsiderate.

I hope that in the next half hour you see a big improvement and can head to bed feeling happier.

Really sorry to hear about Smudge. Sending mega mega vibes.

Its always at a difficult time. Hope everything will be fine. xx

After three hours light sleep Ive just woken up (there's such a thing as half five?) and found him nibbling some oat hay. Not yet eating with the enthusiasm he usually does but definite improvement. Thank you both. It's been a while since his last episode and this seemed more severe that I was starting to get quite worried it was something worse than his usual. I was very tempted to go to the emergency vet but with Smudge it tends to do more harm from the travelling than good.

Hopefully he'll start settling more now and will soon feel happy enough to tuck in to things properly.

Sorry I missed this last night.

Wow its been a while since one of his episodes hasnt it? Poor Smudge, Im so glad hes improving abit now.

I suggest you go back to bed now fir abit, those sleepless nights are a killer.

Loads of vibes Smudge is back to his old self soon xxxxx

Hope he will continue to improve

Any poo yet ?

Are you able to have a feel of his tum ? Sometimes GI tract hypomotility can lead to a lot of gas bubbles forming.

Sorry I missed this last night.

Wow its been a while since one of his episodes hasnt it? Poor Smudge, Im so glad hes improving abit now.

I suggest you go back to bed now fir abit, those sleepless nights are a killer.

Loads of vibes Smudge is back to his old self soon xxxxx

Yes it's been a quite a while, at least six months, maybe more. I have a wierd feeling he and Nutmeg may have had a bust up :? Earlier he would eat until she came up to him and then he'd stop.

Hope he will continue to improve

Any poo yet ?

Are you able to have a feel of his tum ? Sometimes GI tract hypomotility can lead to a lot of gas bubbles forming.

I can't be certain on poops but there are some darker ones around which I suspect are his because Nutmeg's been doing lovely golden poops. Tummy feels fuller than last night but not hard. He's definitely more relaxed now and has had a treat with usual enthusiasm, not seen him eat lots of hay yet but has nibbled some.

Back