• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

First meet!

LiamP

Young Bun
It is early days and i didnt plan on letting them meet until 6 weeks after Curtis' castration but they have really been itching to meet one another so i very cautiously let them have a short meet today and they seemed so good with each other.

0Zrc2l.jpg

This looks like Curtis is being very defensive but he actually hopped over and put his head under his chin and just laid there for a while until hopping off again!

vTcvml.jpg

I am of course being very careful and only let them have a quick 5 minutes today, the good thing is Curtis was with another un-neutered male right up until i got him at 6 months.

Be careful :shock: :lol: :love: also, woodshavings aren't great for rabbits as they can cause breathing problems and get in their eyes :wave: and not to mention very messy :lol: towels/blankets work well :D and.. Is that water bottle empty or is it just me? :lol: rabbits can drink from a bowl a lot easier too :wave: all of mine have gone from bottles to bowls and drink more instead of fighting to quench their thirst :lol: just something to maybe think about :wave: heavy ceramic dog bowls are best ;) unless they already have one :lol:

Good luck with them!
I think allowing them a short time then seperating them makes things harder. They need to establish who is in charge and every time you seperate them they have to start this process all over again.
I would put them in a neutral space, where neither has been before, with all new bedding and toys etc and supervise them closely for a few days and gradually increase the space.
Hope this helps.

Be careful :shock: :lol: :love: also, woodshavings aren't great for rabbits as they can cause breathing problems and get in their eyes :wave: and not to mention very messy :lol: towels/blankets work well :D and.. Is that water bottle empty or is it just me? :lol: rabbits can drink from a bowl a lot easier too :wave: all of mine have gone from bottles to bowls and drink more instead of fighting to quench their thirst :lol: just something to maybe think about :wave: heavy ceramic dog bowls are best ;) unless they already have one :lol:

The bottle is full! I have ceramic bowls of water in other parts of aswell :). Woodflake is something i only use in the areas they pee in, everywhere else is fleecy towels or mats, I have had no issues with woodflake as of yet with them but as i say its only used in a small area. It is also only temporary until the sable marten nethie is properly litter trained, he occasionally pees in a different spot!

Also yes i am being very careful! As i say i only let them have a sniff and a little play for 5 mins in an enclosed area that would be easy to quickly separate if things did turn nasty, but as you can see from the images they where both very good!

The bottle is full! I have ceramic bowls of water in other parts of aswell :). Woodflake is something i only use in the areas they pee in, everywhere else is fleecy towels or mats, I have had no issues with woodflake as of yet with them but as i say its only used in a small area.

Also yes i am being very careful! As i say i only let them have a sniff and a little play for 5 mins in an enclosed area that would be easy to quickly separate if things did turn nasty, but as you can see from the images they where both very good!

And they're very cute :love: Ahhh, I thought it was empty :lol: my outdoor pair had both bottle and bowl but I ended up taking the bottle out as they were ignoring it :roll::lol:

And they're very cute :love: Ahhh, I thought it was empty :lol: my outdoor pair had both bottle and bowl but I ended up taking the bottle out as they were ignoring it :roll::lol:

I have both and they where still occasionally using the bottle so I didnt really want to remove it completely!

Back