• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oscar troubles again

Chesterx123

Young Bun
I've posted quite a lot in the past about my rescue bun Oscar.

He was neutered a few months ago which all went smoothly and I have found since that he has become a little less hormonal. (with the few exceptions of him biting my sister)

The only thing that i have noticed since his neuter is that his urine really really smells. A lot worse than prior to the op. So much so that even when i'm sat with him out i can tell instantly as soon as he has been back to his litter tray because of the smell!

He lives inside and i clean him out regularly so thats not the issue.

Any ideas on why this is? I could understand if it had always been the case but it hasn't :S

I'm sure someone more knowledgable will come along soon but it might be worth checking his scent glands. There's a video on YouTube of how to do it. He might not have cleaned himself properly after his neuter due to being sore so he's got a bit stinky.
I hope this helps.

Back