• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Remember me? - Some sad news.

I just wanted to make myself known on the forum once again, and say hello. It was a big place before, but its even bigger now and i dont recognise half of the usernames! :shock:

I havent posted on here in a while, apart from when i took on Maggie Magpie, and even then, i didnt make any personal posts or mention my buns. I cant believe how much has happened in the last 6 months! After Maggie, I ended up taking in an English bun, Davie. He wasnt wanted, had a URI and someone in my class at college posted him on Facebook. I offered to take him, got his infection treated, treated him for fleas, had him vaccinated, neutered and wormed ready to find another home. My intention was never to keep him but my God he won everyone over! He was just the most affectionate rabbit ive ever met.

Skye was still getting picked on by Dolly in the trio, and we decided to try bonding Davie and Skye. He was a 3Kg English and Skye never weighed more than 1kg! But they were perfect for eachother :love: They moved out into a new playhouse and after two days disaster struck. I came home from work to find that Davie was off his food. I syringed him some water and probiotics and put him in the run with all of his favourite food while i cleaned the playhouse. He still didnt want his food. So i felt his tum and discovered a golf ball sized lump in his lower abdomen. He was rushed off to the vets with Skye. I was told it could be liver torsion and prepare for the worst. He had X-rays and something to eat and picked up a little. Then i got a call to say he was throwing himself around the cage and Skye was attacking him. Not like her at all! He was dying and there was nothing else that could be done. He had haemorrhaged and had to be pts. Nothing could have prepared me for that, i went to say goodbye and brought Skye home with me.

We had a cuddle and a cry adn i put her back in the playhouse only to find that she wasnt using her back legs. So we rushed back to the vets for the third time that night, by now it had gone midnight. I knew what was wrong, and i knew what was coming, but i couldnt accept it. We think when she was attacking Davie that she damaged her spine. She had steroid injections in the hope that she would show some improvement. I went to see her the next day, took some of her favourite food and sat with her for a bit. The vet said that there was nothing that they could do, but i still wanted X-rays, i had to know, i needed something to show that there was nothing anyone could do for her. The X-rays showed that she had completely severed her spine and i had to say goodbye to her too. That was it, two of my babies gone within 2 hours of eachother. They were perfect together, but they couldnt stay. Its bittersweet really, they are together forever and it was obviously suppsed to be that way, but its just so unfair. This all happened at the beginning of June.

Im sorry this is getting so long. I then had to take in another rabbit for a couple of days, i found him a rescue space, so didnt mind having him if it was only very short term. The rescue ended up being unsuitable and i decided he would have more space and more 1:1 time if he stayed here. I had him vaccinated, neutered and did everything that i had done with Davie and Maggie. He is ready to go to his forever home on the 28th July, but he is yet to find a suitable home.

Marley and Dolly are fine, they're grumpy as ever, and once again i dont know where i would be without them. They have had their run extended, but this blimmin weather hasnt given them much opportunity to make the most of it! They sit huddled up under the tarpaulin! So, thats whats happened at my end over the last few months. Poor Davie was only here for 8 weeks, i miss them both so much! :cry:

ETA: Hughie is now in Rabbits in Need and ...Can i change my username?:oops:

Welcome back :) Like I've said lots of times, I'm so sorry about Davie and Skye. I think if you pm Tamsin she sometimes lets people change their usernames... although I pm'ed her about a year ago asking to change mine as I was worried it had my full name in, and I never got a reply:lol: Oh well!:)

Welcome back. So sad about what happened. They are deffo together at the bridge x

Usually you can only change your username if you have a reason like you have an email address in it or something, worth asking anyways x

Hello..glad you've come back on here:D
Followed your sad story on FB and was so sorry for you.

You have to pm Tamsin to change your username

Look forward to happier posts from you xx

Welcome black. :wave: I'm sorry you've had such sadness in losing Skye and Davie, but you did your best for them. xxx

Heya hun :) good to have you back here, i saw elsewhere about Davie and Skye :(
Please stick around we seem to be gaining alot of new members but all the older ones are vainishing:(

Back