• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit with snuffles lonely!!!

carla1987

New Kit
Hi,

I was wondering if there is anything I can do gore my female rabbit. I got her and her sister around a year ago and within 1 week they were diagnosed with snuffles :-( Dallas died shortly after, but Texas is goin strong and rarely shows any signs of having snuffles......but obviously its still there.

The thing is, is I hate the thought of her bein alone and she always gets so excited to see me which makes me think she's sad when im not there. I would bring her to bed if i could, but my partner would not approve......

Is there anywhere I could maybe buy a rabbit that already has snuffles or does anyone have any suggestions????

Thanks xxx

Hi Carla,

Welcome to RU :)

I'm so sorry your bunny has been ill, and also that you lost her friend. There are people on here who have bunnies with respiratory issues who HAVe adopted a friend who hs already been exposed, or has an active infection, to bond with their bunny, so it is totally feasible :) The best way to do it would be to contact your local rescues and see who they have available.

It will be important for you to be aware that bonding can supress the immune system so potentially can lead to a condition deterioration so you'll need to do it whe your bunny is most stable and well, and likewise for the other bunny. It will also need to be the most minimally stressful bonding possible.

Back