• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

someone stop me from being so paranoid!!

sparklefairy

Wise Old Thumper
I don't know what's wrong with my head lately :( such horrid dark and paranoid thoughts about my buns :( What if this and what if that?

My latest thoughts were about Gypsy. What if she never had EC but she has a brain tumour and this is why she is showing loss of mobility?. Even though the vet examined her and told me that Gypsy has arthritis of the spine my mind just keeps going there.

What if the clouding of the eye is not really age related thickening of the lens but a tumour, this would explain her ec sypmtoms and loss of mobility

AAAAARRRGGHHHH!!! make it stop!! I'm doing my own head in and making my self :cry::cry::cry:

On the up side, the vet couldn't find anything wrong with Storm when I was worried about his sneezing :D ( I just worry about finding him in a forever sleep *bangs head against computer desk * )

I know how you feel, I'm paranoid as well :( Always have been, but even more so since Boris fell ill with snuffles. I check on him several times a day to make sure he's ok, give him all his meds on time and get really worried if he gets them late....and then there's Bella who is still unspayed (due to vets near me lacking the experience to do it), constantly check her tummy for lumps and her urine for any traces of blood...whenever she seems a bit subdued I panic and worry that she has cancer :oops: I try to relax as I don't want any of this to affect my relationship with the buns, I often find that when I'm super worried I can't think of anything but the what-ifs and as a result don't enjoy spending time with them as much. You do need to keep a watchful eye on bunnies as they're difficult to read sometimes, and any sign of anything being wrong should be taken seriously...but worrying all the time won't benefit anyone in the long run. Rabbits don't worry about the future and that's what I find so relaxing when interacting with them. You get caught up in that sensation of living completely in the moment and not worrying about anything. It's so soothing.

Sweetheart, you need to find the real cause of your anxiety and find a way to deal with it. I think it is referred anxiety, and your brain is making you paranoid about your rabbits because it cannot 'see' the real reason behind it.

When I was poorly, I convinced myself that all my animals were sick, that the ones that had passed on had done so through my actions (I I convinced myself that one of my dogs had died because I bought a sign that said 'my dog does.....' not 'my dogs'.)

It turns out there was a logical reason behind the turmoil, but I needed help to see it.

Hugs to you (((((((((hugs)))))))):love:

I never used to be this anxious about the buns. It's ever since Gypsy had EC last year and seeing her looking so helpless and fragile really drummed it home to me that the will not be around forever :cry: Everyone tells me that they are old now, Storm is a 7 year old french lop and Gypsy an 8 year old little lion. My husband keeps telling me that they probably won't be around within the next few years, which does not help my state of mind :evil:

I know bunnies only live in the here and now. I also know that I'm not helping anyone by being so worried all the time. Maybe there is an underlying cause for these feelings :? I can think of a few

I can totally empathise Rainbow. Since losing Sir Victor I have descended into an anxiety ridden wreck :cry: I wish I could offer you some helpful advice, but I cant even help myself. I am getting so poorly from it all :cry:

I do hope that you find a way back to a more peaceful mindset cos I know living like this is hell on earth :cry:

How charming of your OH. Men. :roll:

Sounds like you are very anxious today. Try and do something like puzzles to keep your mind off it, like crosswords or sudoku, or something you like. I find losing myself in something trivial helps take my mind off things.

I saw someone on here has a 15 year old bunny. There are many 12 year olds as well. Try and not worry.

(((hugs))) Jane. The constant worry is like hell on earth, I can't even sleep and when I do I have horrid dreams, then I worry even more because in the past I've had dreams which have come true.

I hope we can both get back to a more peacefull mindset Xxx

Amanda, my OH can be as stubtle as a rhinohorn up the bottom :shock: but seriously he is getting so fed up with my constant flapping now :(

Gyspy just doesn't seem to be that strong fiesty crazy girl anymore :( she is still a bossy madam but there's something missing :?

(((hugs))) Jane. The constant worry is like hell on earth, I can't even sleep and when I do I have horrid dreams, then I worry even more because in the past I've had dreams which have come true.

I hope we can both get back to a more peacefull mindset Xxx

Amanda, my OH can be as stubtle as a rhinohorn up the bottom :shock: but seriously he is getting so fed up with my constant flapping now :(

Gyspy just doesn't seem to be that strong fiesty crazy girl anymore :( she is still a bossy madam but there's something missing :?

You need to buy brand new sheets and pop Gyspy on the bed. ;) Anything new and decent seems to get them going.

Wondering if you can take something natural/herbal before you go to bed, such as a warm chocolate milk drink. This will sound a bit gross, but the juice left over from boiling lettuse. It is meant to induce a good nights sleep. Lavender under the pillow.

hmmm yes, I bet once I pu new flooring in the bunny room she will be back to her old ways :lol::lol:

I have all kinds of natural remedies, but I seem to be immune these days :? stupid paranoid head

hmmm yes, I bet once I pu new flooring in the bunny room she will be back to her old ways :lol::lol:

I have all kinds of natural remedies, but I seem to be immune these days :? stupid paranoid head

Walking is meant to be good, but I dont know if you have the time with River. Although I should be doing this myself.

I have to walk a mile and back to pre school every day, I got absolutley drenched today :? for some strange reason it didn't help a lot :lol:

I wonder if the evil bike will help :? if it doesn't kill me :shock:

The words, what if!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not big words, but blimey they can have a very devastating effect on most of us. Me included.

But usually it is....... what if? We don't know what the future holds in store for us and we have to try to live for the here and now.

Worrying about the past is non productive and anxiousness about the future is equally so.

Believe you me I also feel like this on many occasions.:( But we have to try and think rationally.

Sending you some calm wishes. xxx

Back