• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

why did I just look at gumtree?

catxx

Mama Doe
"WHITE RABBIT MALE 1 YEAR OLD FOR SALE.ALSO RABBIT HUTCH AND ACCESSSORIES ALSO FOR SALE.HAVE TO REHOME AS MY DAUGHTER HAS LOST INTEREST.£50.00 FOR RABBIT AND HUTCH AND ACCESSORIES."

*heartbreak*

It was posted 6 days ago so who knows if that poor thing has been rehomed. Damn you Gumtree why did I look at you.

I really don't get how, with the internet so informative (and spell checkers available), people can be so dense. Another example of the Hertfordshire Gumtree massive:

"we have a male blue rabbit very very frindley and a female guine pig these are to go together as they are best of friends.
comes with cage,food,hay,water bottle,papers for cage.
rabbit cost 160 on its own.
these have to go to a loving home
the rabbit is 8 months old and the guine pig is 4 months old..
£100 the lot.. "

We are having to sell our little girl due to our niece being allergic to her.

We are losing money on her as we paid for her and her injections and her harness

Your NEICE is allergic? Suck it up FFS.

Oh no and god forbid you've LOST money, i am so sad about that

:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

Can i reply to gum tree ads offering advice? One person is saying they don't have enough time to give her the attention she needs, but if he got her a bonded husbun I am sure that would make her a lot happier without him having to give her up! I am sure the time thing is just an excuse though anyway. :cry:

Last edited:
Lovely rabbit around 11 months old, selling due to moving home and not a lot of space for the hutch,

I go without things to make sure my bunnies have space (things fall out of my wardrobe if I ever dare to open it!) Now I am maaaaddddd!!!

:( I'm part of a group which sends advice to these sorts of adverts :(
I try not to read them too closely and dwell on it though as I almost ended up with a rabbit in my spare hutch as his owners were giving him away 'free' because they didn't have any space anymore.

it's sad. and what is sadder still, the bunny might go to a worse carer. they might even dump the rabbit coz they just wanted the hutch.

giving advice is good, every little will help. what you do Cari is great.

I think a lot of the times it is children asking for pets and parents obliging but not knowing any better. Coz as an adult if you are really into a pet you would find stuff out and research. How can we discourage young children? a message on cbeebies?! adults should know better but they don't...

The free cats got me last time I went on there. Probably 6-7 buns added that day - mostly "Incl cage" etc so was a cost. Few free to good home/staffy/staffy crosses. Some very expensive toy dog things- yorkies/terriers/fluffy things, then about 40 cats & kittens listed for free.

Neuter your animals people!

This thread reminds me of this:

295391_10150962272533700_1661497697_n.jpg

it's mostly about dogs but I think it applies to all pets

Poor things - i cannot understand why people get pets and then just palm them off onto others - then again at least in a new home the pets will get the attention and love they need!!!!

Really infuriates me :evil:

The most heartbreaking for me are the various "I bought this puppy a week ago, but I really don't have time for him/her anymore" or "I bought him a week ago but my landlord won't let me have him/her"
These kinds of people just don't even think for more than 5 seconds. It's disgusting. :censored:

:censored: gumtree! :evil::evil: they claim to only allow loved family pets to find new homes :roll:.. And no breeders, working dogs, pregnant animals or wanted ads are allowed in the pet bit.. :? Okay then, that's why it's full of them :evil:

You can tell which ones are genuine.. And the ones that aren't? Well, those people just... :censored::censored:

It's so frustrating. I feel like emailing them and saying 'so did you not know you were moving in a few weeks?' or 'did you not know you were having a baby and so you'd not be able to cope with a puppy' or 'so you didn't know you were allergic?' or 'ah right, so you didn't know you work long hours and can't keep a puppy because you don't have enough time to look after it?'

What is it with these people?! Do they not think about these things? It's COMMON SENSE!! :evil::censored: It really does :censored: me off when I see an advert that says 'needs a new home due to new baby' :censored::evil: But you KNEW you were having a baby surely?!?! The poor dog or whatever it is is shoved out of the family home, it's so sad :cry:

It's so frustrating. I feel like emailing them and saying 'so did you not know you were moving in a few weeks?' or 'did you not know you were having a baby and so you'd not be able to cope with a puppy' or 'so you didn't know you were allergic?' or 'ah right, so you didn't know you work long hours and can't keep a puppy because you don't have enough time to look after it?'

What is it with these people?! Do they not think about these things? It's COMMON SENSE!! :evil::censored: It really does :censored: me off when I see an advert that says 'needs a new home due to new baby' :censored::evil: But you KNEW you were having a baby surely?!?! The poor dog or whatever it is is shoved out of the family home, it's so sad :cry:

It's the main reason I don't do Facebook anymore. Everyone in my year having babies and buying them pets.. Awful conditions, awful people.. Common sense is lacking nowadays :evil: it's embarrassing how people act now, with animals and towards other people :evil: I know I'm only 20 but I have standards on how to act in life and how I treat my animals, it's just beyond me how some people are..

It's the main reason I don't do Facebook anymore. Everyone in my year having babies and buying them pets.. Awful conditions, awful people.. Common sense is lacking nowadays :evil: it's embarrassing how people act now, with animals and towards other people :evil: I know I'm only 20 but I have standards on how to act in life and how I treat my animals, it's just beyond me how some people are..

Oh gosh, don't get me started on that! That's one of the biggest reasons I don't do Facebook anymore either! I'm 22 and I think practically all of my classmates from primary school have had kids - from the age of 16 and they buy animals for their kids. It's wrong. They're not looked after. It's just fad, the kids get bored and the animal is forgotten about. :evil:

I've just seen an add on there, all it says is -
Free brown rabbit, we dont have time for him

Wonder what will end up of that little guy :cry:

Back