• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet Hollyhock and Butterbur the wonky bun

Geoff's people

Alpha Buck
I would like to introduce you to 2 little buns that we collected today.

First up, the person I collected them from is not responsible for Butterbur's disabilities. He took them in when someone was going to set these 2 wild as babies:evil:
That said person (whom I would love to meet for five mins in a quiet alley) not only thought it would be ok to turn them loose, also thought It was ok to let this happen to a tiny baby's leg and face AND DO NOTHING ABOUT IT!!!!
This damage had be done AND HEALED before the chap I got them from had picked them up at a few months old:evil:

It feels like an old dislocation or break, and the eye looks to me like the result of untreated trauma. (I hope to all the gods I am wrong with this, but we will find out when we have seen our vet)

Butterbur's wonky leg has no feeling in it, but she copes very well despite of either that or her eye. I think she can at least see light and dark, but certainly not much more that that.

I am going to let these lil girlies settle in for a week or 2 then we will be off to the vets to discuss. My gut feeling is she will be better off without a useless limb dragging around and holding her back, but a major op is not something to take lightly.

Anyway here they are!!!:love::love::love:

My name is Butterbur an I is a wonky bun, but don't care!

DSC_0102.jpg

an dis is my poorly eyesie

DSC_0105.jpg

An DIS is my bestest friend Hollyhock who would qwite like yoo's to go ways now please tank you:love:

DSC_0106.jpg

:love: They are gorgeous! Poor things - I'd quite like to meet THAT owner too!!:evil: Glad you've given them a lovely new caring and safe home filled with all the love they need :love:

Bless them well done for taking them in. Are you keeping these two :love:

Oh don't ask that question already:lol::lol::lol:

I don't really want to use up a hutch and run unit permanently, but when I have healthy 'normal' buns looking, and hundreds of other rescues have many many more what is the likelyhood that they will find a home elsewhere?:cry:
If it is to be, they will have a home as long as I am breathing but you never know:love:

Aaw Butterbur looks just like my Summer (ok maybe in her younger slimmer days!) and Hollyhock also looks like a dwarf version of Skye! It's so sickening what people can do to poor innocent animals :cry:

Are these the bunnies you contacted me about? I am so thrilled if so, I've been thinking about them none stop. x Beautiful bunnies :love:

Back