• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lacey has bloat p72

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
We are becoming increasingly concerned about Seymour Carrots who arrived the same time as Trevor. He is not developing at all as we hoped. His appearance remains the same - that of a very neglected rabbit - despite having a very healthy appetite and obviously a lovely clean home and lots of exercise. In himself he has no zest for life, he sits hunched 24/7 when he is not eating. He never gets excited for anything, never flops down or even lies down, never plays with toys. He just sits there like he has forgotten how to live, it is heartbreaking to watch :cry:

Also heather understandably hasn't been doing so well since losing her Lily 2 weeks ago and this evening she is struggling to eat. We are just hoping her abscess hasn't returned. If it has I think we will have a sad decision to make as I am sure she feels she has nothing left to live for :?

Fingers crossed we can turn these bunnies around, get them the medical help they need and get them to see that life is worth living again:(

Last edited:
Seymour Carrots sounds as if perhaps depression has a hold on him. Hopefully with your tender love, care and attention he will start to improve. I really do hope so. Bless him xxxxxxxx

And for Heather I hope that there is no sign of any abscess. I should imagine that she is grieving too. Bless her heart too.

Sending all the bunnies warm and tender love their way. xxxxx

Aw bless them both and millions of vibes for them.

Is it possible to attempt a bond between these 2 and see if they can help each other?

Aw bless them both and millions of vibes for them.

Is it possible to attempt a bond between these 2 and see if they can help each other?

Seymour isn't castrated yet. we are hoping to get him in better form so he can be vaccinated and castrated and then we had another bunny to bond him with, but we have been seriously considering whether Heathers need for a friend are greater now.

Thinking of both buns. Is Seymour Carrots out of quarantine now? Just wondering if being more on the main campus, as it were, of Rainbow Rabbits could be expected to help him.

Seymour Carrots sounds as if perhaps depression has a hold on him. Hopefully with your tender love, care and attention he will start to improve. I really do hope so. Bless him xxxxxxxx

And for Heather I hope that there is no sign of any abscess. I should imagine that she is grieving too. Bless her heart too.

Sending all the bunnies warm and tender love their way. xxxxx

Thank you, he does look very depressed but we need to rule out any possible medical condition as given the malnutrition he suffered there is a chance it may have affected his internal organs such as his liver :? i really hope he is well in himself so with time we can get him binkying about the garden

Not got time for lots of details but basically Heather is having a dental tomorrow, the good news is her abscess hasn't returned but at 10/11 years old a GA is never a good thing

For Seymour it is really bad news, we will keep him comfortable for as long as we can, as Juliet says let him just enjoy what retirement he has. There will be no vaccinations or castration for him :(

Have been looking out for an update on these two. I'm sorry it is worrying news re. Heather, and Seymour Carrots outlook isn't good. Sending big vibes for both. xxx

Hoping that the visit to the vets for Heather tomorrow go well and she makes a quick and good recovery.

Poor Seymour Carrots.:( What a shame for him. But he will have a whole load of love and attention spent on him in his last few weeks, days......who knows. Bless his little heart. xxxxx

Hoping that the visit to the vets for Heather tomorrow go well and she makes a quick and good recovery.

Poor Seymour Carrots.:( What a shame for him. But he will have a whole load of love and attention spent on him in his last few weeks, days......who knows. Bless his little heart. xxxxx

Thank you,

Just a bit more info about Seymour Carrots. he has high levels of protein in his urine and bloods also showed he has inflammation, infection and anaemia :cry:

Juliet doesn't feel there is any specific illness causing these just that he is an ancient, neglected bunny nearing the end of his life :cry:

We are starting him on some baytril and she suggested adding spinach to his diet to see if that makes him more comfortable :? He is eating us out of house and home and yet he has lost 100g in the 3 weeks he has been with us and he was so thin then :( To top it off he also has lice.

He can't be vaccinated or castrated so we will just keep him as comfortable as possible for as long as we can :(

Back