• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyones rabbit bonded by mistake ?

emmaclaire

Warren Scout
Just wondering if anyones rabbits have bonded themselves by mistake, like if they have escaped and found themselves with another rabbit. I ask this because i have 3 rabbits living in the same room freerange, 2 are bonded but the third isnt but all 3 are happy to live in the same room together , its very rare there paths cross but if they do theres no agression maybe a little chase out of there space but thats normally just a movement not actual chaseing as the other moves away now and again one of the bonded pair will meet him and stay there and groom him but never when the 2 bonded pair are together do you think it is possible that over time they do bond themselves ?xxxx

Mine did in a way bond accidentally, because although the plan with getting Bella was for her to be Boris' companion, I was going to wait a little longer just to be on the safe side. They had a huge fight when Bella was a youngster and I didn't know if they'd still remember that and be aggressive etc. so I decided to do the slow bonding approach. I moved Boris to an enclosure outside Bella's room so that they could see but not touch each other. After a week however Boris somehow escaped & made it into her room (still do not know to this day how he did that exactly) and by the time I noticed, I figured since they seemed to get along ok I'd just go for it and see how it went. Initially Bella was very nervous and frightened but a few days later they were grooming :) they've lived together ever since and are very much in love :love:

Bumble bonded himself to Dylan and Molly by escaping from his half of the yard and getting into theirs. I still don't know how he managed it as he is only partially sighted. There was very little fighting so I eventually left them to it. I then bonded the trio with Frangipan and had a quad until Dylan went to the Bridge last week.

It wasn't a mistake as such as I had intended to bond them all into a quad anyway but Bumble got fed up with waiting for me to juggle my shifts at work so I could do it.

The answer is you just dont know. Juust keep letting time go by and you will find out. I hope the boys dont fight.

my Rose and hutch bonded themselves by rose breaking into hutch's run, after the third time and seeing them laying together I decided that they must be ready. This wasn't a mistake but just sooner after her spay than I thought it would be.

I have had rabbits bond themselves but it has taken years sometimes- you may need to give them a little nudge to save time xx

Back