• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

One year ago today since Artie had his kidney stone surgery...

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
:D:D:D It was actually 12 July but it's the Tuesday 52 weeks ago today. I was waiting frantically for news as he had a kidney stone lodged in the ureter (tube between kidney and bladder), surgery had been postponed the day before as the stone had moved a little and there were various different surgery option.

He did go on to need further surgery a few weeks later and has had two stasis episodes in that year but I did not dare hope at that time that he would still be here a year later.

The cheeky little bunny has just (as is his routine) dug the megazorb out of his newly cleaned out potty all over the carpet, left the potty in a place where I'll trip over it and now he's been begging at me :love::love::love: How wonderful to have all this today :love::love:

I haven't told the poor bub that in about an hour's time he's going to the vets for his Auntie Frances to squeeze his bladder.

Happy anniversary Artie.:love::love::love:

I can't believe it's been a year. :shock: Enjoy the bladder squeeze Artie. ;):lol:

Thanks everyone.

I can't believe it's been a year. :shock: Enjoy the bladder squeeze Artie. ;):lol:

He didn't mind it too much at all bless him. He found it a bit rude how I just grabbed him out of his snooze and shoved him in the carrier, but he faced me the whole of the car journey, and in the waiting room. He let his bladder be squeezed like a good 'un (even popped a couple of poops out as a bonus!). Then about 2 hours after setting off just hopped out of the carrier and started eating hay.:love::love: He really does cope well with it. :D

Thanks everyone.

He didn't mind it too much at all bless him. He found it a bit rude how I just grabbed him out of his snooze and shoved him in the carrier, but he faced me the whole of the car journey, and in the waiting room. He let his bladder be squeezed like a good 'un (even popped a couple of poops out as a bonus!). Then about 2 hours after setting off just hopped out of the carrier and started eating hay.:love::love: He really does cope well with it. :D

:lol::lol::lol: I'm glad it went well even if he wasn't pleased with the rude awakening! :D

Back