• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wakefield Mass Rescue Bunnies - now have a few more than we thought

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
The two New Zealand White x Lionheads that we took as part of the 5 that arrived on Saturday are now no longer two. Having gone to check on them during late night walkrounds, I found that a nest had been built and upon seeing 'mum' cleaning herself up I knew that we had some kits.

We have a small litter of mixed coloured kittens in the nest. Nice and big too.

More news tomorrow.

Just keeping my fingers crossed that the other lady isn't going to have a litter too!

Aww hope everybun is ok! Fingers crossed there aren't any more litters on the way! xx

I've heard that one of the females at the rescue near Wakefield that helped organise the removals has delivered today too and another at a rescue that took some in Essex is also pulling fur :-(

I fear that there will be a good few more in the coming days and maybe weeks

Obviously terrible and irresponsible breeding blah blah... But now they're here can we have pics as They grow?? :lol: :love:

Obviously terrible and irresponsible breeding blah blah... But now they're here can we have pics as They grow?? :lol: :love:

Hi Talya, yes, I am hoping that I can do a photo journal of the babies and their progress. I will use them in a leaflet I'm going to produce about caring for unexpected litters and how to avoid them!

:cry:

Will it never end

It won't Jane will it sadly as people just have no idea of the shere volume of rabbits being intentionally and unintentionally bred. I beg those people who fancy having a few litters to sell or to give the kids some experience to think again about the lives they ruin by doing so. Bunny lives.

Goodness knows how many more babies will result from this one 'rescue's actions, or rather inactions.

And for anyone thinking of getting rabbits, even baby rabbits, please think about going to a rescue as more and more rescues are going to see this - baby rabbits being born after the rabbits are given up.

What is also so sickening that these mass rescue situations always come along like buses, lots at the same time; I just hope we have no more like this for a very long time.

There are still more to get out and find space for .

Yes this folks

lots still need rescue spaces - the lady Sophie that organised the removal has all of the bunnies that Jenny couldn't find spaces for last weekend. So they are still seeking assistance from rescues so if you are a rescue and can take any, please contact Jenny at Crawley Guinea Pig Rescue or PM her on here.

Goodness me :( I don't understand how a 'rescue' can do this? Did they not have a clue at all?

I'm so glad they're safe and sound though.

Back