• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

xs or xxs dog shirt for 1kg bunny

LittleEskimo

Mama Doe
Heey. I have been looking at dog shirts to get for Pebbles to help stop Rosie from nibbling at his shoulder (it his always the same spot, his left shoulder and it has gotten sore) and I can't decide to get him a xs shirt or a xxs shirt. He was 1.4kg the last we checked so he is quite small.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DOG-T-SHIRT-CLOTHES-TOY-BREED-PUPPY-VARIOUS-COLOURS-100-COTTON-/260950159921?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs&var=&hash=item3cc1d77231#ht_500wt_715

It tells you the measurements for each size down the page.
And here is a picture to help see which size you think would be best

DSCF1890.jpg

Would he not just nibble through the material? And I'm not sure I'd like a rabbit in a tshirt as they are prey animals and could get very scared.

Would he not just nibble through the material? And I'm not sure I'd like a rabbit in a tshirt as they are prey animals and could get very scared.

I agree with this. However in special circumstances such as post op when a rabbit is likely to pull at a wound or stitches it may be a better alternative to a cone coller.

Am I right in thinking this particular wound is caused by overgrooming by partner? If so it may work short term as a deterrant whilst it heels but it might be an idea to look at why the partner is doing it in the first place.

It's basically just to give his shoulder some time to heal. I tried separating them but Pebbles misses Rosie too much :roll: so this is all I can think of...

I will address the root of the problem as best I can. Something tells me the lack of outside fun because of the horrible weather is making Rosie frustrated/bored. So it looks like I will be saving up for a run to attach 24/7 and waterproof.

I'd personally go for xxs, better to be more fitted on them than loose in my opinion because if it's loose they'll probably get their legs caught or pull it off easily, but of course it it's too tight the rabbit will be uncomfortable and try get it off, although if I were in your situation I'd just find some really cheap ones and get both sizes

Back