• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do I put two older rabbits together?

meg-halton

New Kit
Hi,

I have had my Rabbit Bean for a few months now. She's about 10 months and has been spayed and vaccinated.
Today I adopted a rabbit called Rodger, who's of similar age, but hasn't been neutered. Rodgers partner died, as it was taken from a fox, so he's a widower. I've got separate places for them to sleep, and they are both house rabbits. I have let Bean go up to his cage, but she started biting and scratching the cage. Rodger was quite timid, she has a big personality.

Whats the best way for them to get along? I want them to finally live in the same cage, but I need to start trying them to get to know one another soon.
Any recommendations as to starting them out in the best way?!

Thanks,
Megan

Hi there, welcome to RU :)

To give them the best chance of bonding, both need to be spayed/neutered, so Roger needs to be 'done'. Then you need to wait 6-8 weeks to bond.

I would also suggest quarantining him too to avid him passing anything onto Bean- I know they have already met but it would be sensible to prevent them meeting anymore.

While you're waiting for Roger to be able to be bonded you have plenty of time to do lots of research. This is the advice I give people about bonding bunnies :) http://flashsplace.webs.com/bondingbunnies.htm I hope it's of use to you.

Hi there, welcome to RU :)

To give them the best chance of bonding, both need to be spayed/neutered, so Roger needs to be 'done'. Then you need to wait 6-8 weeks to bond.

I would also suggest quarantining him too to avid him passing anything onto Bean- I know they have already met but it would be sensible to prevent them meeting anymore.

While you're waiting for Roger to be able to be bonded you have plenty of time to do lots of research. This is the advice I give people about bonding bunnies :) http://flashsplace.webs.com/bondingbunnies.htm I hope it's of use to you.

Thanks for the help. I will deffo get him neutered first, but hopefully I can start them bonding fter. I'll come back for more advice when I'm about to start!!
Thanks again

Back