• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is there anyone in Cirencester....

Geoff's people

Alpha Buck
..... that could possibly collect a couple of buns for me and hold till I can arrange transport?
I have sketchy details at best, I know one has wonky legs and only one eye.
I thought I might start putting feelers out there before chatting to the owner tomorrow.
Thanks in advance x

Hi, I'm in Cheltenham. I could possibly help, but it would depend on how long you wanted them holding onto for?. One of mine has just cost three figures in the vet today, and she has to go back tomorrow so possible vets bills & extra food long term isn't really feasible. However I don't mind a week or two. :wave:

If needed that would be fab!, I should be talking to the owner tomorrow and it depends if he can wait till the weekend really. If he can we can go ourselves on Sunday, but if not I don't want these guys to be at risk. I would reimburse you for any costs regarding food etc;)

Thank you so much for the offer, i will be in touch soon :thumb:

I work during the day, so TBH the best evening would be tomorrow to collect if necessary. I could do others, but would have to take my child too!. If it's just a few days a reimbursement for food won't be necessary. Let me know - I can access tinternet and emails at work. :lol:

I will let you know hun, thank you:love:

As I know I shall be stupidly busy, can I say if you don't hear from me, then I have it sorted?
Obviously I WILL let you know one way or the other when I get back in tomorrow, but am unlikely to be able to get on here unless I need to for wonky bun and friend:D

I am about 50 miles from Cirencester and would be willing to drive there and collect them and keep for a short time for you if it helps? I am available during the day

I will let you know hun, thank you:love:

As I know I shall be stupidly busy, can I say if you don't hear from me, then I have it sorted?
Obviously I WILL let you know one way or the other when I get back in tomorrow, but am unlikely to be able to get on here unless I need to for wonky bun and friend:D

No problem.

I am about 50 miles from Cirencester and would be willing to drive there and collect them and keep for a short time for you if it helps? I am available during the day

Thank you so much!

Can I get back to you also?

Bear in mind, I have never met this person which is why I always prefer my husband to collect them with me as you can never be too careful.
Do either/each of you have someone who could go with you rather than go alone?

You are both so kind, and I really do appreciate it, but safety first and all that;):lol:

Thank you so much!

Bear in mind, I have never met this person which is why I always prefer my husband to collect them with me as you can never be too careful.

You are both so kind, and I really do appreciate it, but safety first and all that;):lol:

I have done lots of rescues in some dreadful places so I am OK to do it, don't worry about that, you can contact me anytime and I will go for you if it helps

Thank you x

Hubby has just been sent a job in Cheltenham, so Fingers crossed we can do both. Get the job done ASAP then of to bunsters. I'm half dreading what I might find :?

Quick update...
We are off to get this little pair this afternoon as soon as hubby has finished the job:D

Thank you all so much, the man sounded lovely and little wonky bun's wonky leg doesn't affect her day to day life so hopefully will settle quickly here with her friend:love::love:

Thank you so much!

Thanks for thinking of us. The OH couldn't go with me, but I wouldn't be too worried. I have removed animals from unfamiliar addresses before. Also I lone work with my job, and some of my clients are 'difficult to handle' shall we say. I always tell the OH the address I am going to when removing the animals.

It sounds hopeful you will be able to do it yourself. Sounds like fate to me if your husband has been given a job in Cheltenham. :D

Quick update...
We are off to get this little pair this afternoon as soon as hubby has finished the job:D

Thank you all so much, the man sounded lovely and little wonky bun's wonky leg doesn't affect her day to day life so hopefully will settle quickly here with her friend:love::love:

Fab, that's great news for the bunny. I will await the photo's. :D

Quick update...

That is brilliant news, well done:thumb:

They are here:?
I don't know whether to be heartbroken or in awe of such a fighter:?

They are in their new hutch and run, they are both eating (and for 2 entire does are very close:love:)
Am now just waiting for pics to upload.
They for the first time in their lives have names, so soon you can pop to the photo section and meet Hollyhock and Butterbur:love:

Back