• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Alice possible bladder sludge

HoneyBear

Mama Doe
I cant get Alice in to see a vet till Thursday!! :(
I really don't want to take her to a different vets as have just changed and really happy with them, plus I was really unhappy with the way my old vets treated Bear so have lost all confidence in them.
I really don't know if I can wait that long though, I feel guilty and am worried about her being in pain, she nipped my OH yesterday which is really out of character :cry: Also sat in the corner of her room today, just not herself.
Really dont know what to do! SOOOOO dont want to take her to the other vets, I had to take Bear back 3 times with his breathing problem before they would treat him made me feel like a hypercondriac!
Is there anything I can do from home to make her more comfortable, or would you advise I get her to the vet asap even if it is the one I dislike.
Please help me and my poor little Alice

I cant get Alice in to see a vet till Thursday!! :(
I really don't want to take her to a different vets as have just changed and really happy with them, plus I was really unhappy with the way my old vets treated Bear so have lost all confidence in them.
I really don't know if I can wait that long though, I feel guilty and am worried about her being in pain, she nipped my OH yesterday which is really out of character :cry: Also sat in the corner of her room today, just not herself.
Really dont know what to do! SOOOOO dont want to take her to the other vets, I had to take Bear back 3 times with his breathing problem before they would treat him made me feel like a hypercondriac!
Is there anything I can do from home to make her more comfortable, or would you advise I get her to the vet asap even if it is the one I dislike.
Please help me and my poor little Alice

Personally I would get her to a Vet ASAP. If she has bladder issues things could be much worse by Thursday

Good luck

Deleted - ended up posting twice as this one seemed to have got lost ........ as others have said, what on earth is up with the Forum.

Last edited:
I agree - your rabbit needs to see a vet asap.

(I don't think any rabbit-savvy vet would have said you have to wait until Thursday - I am confident mine would have seen me today). Where abouts in Hampshire are you?

Get her to a vet and argue your case!! dont take no for an answer!!

Hope she gets better soon xx

Thank you all for the advice I have managed to get her in with the vets I like this afternoon so happy with that :D

Also got to take Bear as well now ergh! He's been licking between his legs since being neutered and irritated the skin, monkey!
Also noticed a little hard patch of skin on his chin I want to get looked at.

Will let you know how we get on!

Back