• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Charlies going downhill again:(

kate7590

Young Bun
My old boy has started deteriorating again.
As you may of known he went very very skinny and lost most of his hair over winter.
With a lot of TLC he had put weight on and most of his hair had grown back and was looking brighter. However over the last couple of weeks he's looking very skinny and bored again.
He's never been one to run off or struggle anyway, but he is getting slower.
I even had to give him a bath today because he's not been cleaning his 'bits' so his bum was stained and he had a mat in his tail :cry:
Hes flyguarded regularly because I know he isn't very good at keeping himself clean, but he's been really awful recently.

He's going to the vets tomorrow with Opal, for vaccinations and hopefully an insight as to why he's gone downhill again.
Im sort of preparing myself for the worst, but I want the best for him so if that means letting him go peacefully then thats what I will do.

Don't really know why Iv wrote this...I think I just needed to get my feelings out there..sorry for waffling :(

*FINGERS CROSSED* for you both!!

best of luck for tomorrow :? So sorry to hear this x

Very sorry to hear this! I know what it's like to see this happen. I wish you both the best. :(

Oh my... I do hope Charlie can get better....keeping fingers crossed. I can tell by the way you talk about the whole thing that whatever the situation is, you will do what is best for him... good luck you two!

I hope the vet can help your special boy & that he's just going through a bit of a phase.x.x.

Update

UPDATE-
Just got back from vets and he's not looking very good.
His bad eye has got worse and needs to be removed.
They gave him a blood test to check his kidneys, luckily the results came back fine.
He has an absess in his throat.
He has semi paralasis [sp?] in his back legs.

The vet nurse, lovely lady, said everything points to EC that hasn't been treated properly, which I feel awful about because my previous vet said many times that its just 'one of those things' and he was just a sickly bun. Even after a number of times taking him back because I wasn't happy with the diagnosis.

Anyway. I have to decide,wether to take him back friday for him to be knocked out for his eye to be removed and for X-rays on his spine and absess removals and check his jaw etc.....or just to call it a day and let him go peacefully with no more pain and suffering.
Its such a difficult thing to think about doing because somedays he seems much brighter......what to do?!

Back