• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two brave babies ...

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
Last week we took in some bunnies who were part of a big rescue operation quite local to us .
Here are two of them

The first two pics were taken the day they arrived .

This little bun was very underweight , weighing only 505g . She has bad bites to her lower back around her tail and some small abcesses .

004-2.jpg

002-4.jpg

This one is a better weight but still thin . He also has extensive bites to the same area and 3 big Abcesses .

001-1.jpg

005-4.jpg

Both show signs of being splay legged ... the biggest one being the worst ... we are hoping its just due to muscle weakness and malnourishment but they are both likely to have ongoing limb problems

They are now doing quite well . putting on a few grams every day and eating , pooing and drinking well .:D

Both are little fighters ... and both are friendly , trusting little things ..

There wounds are healing nicely ... the abcesses are still a worry but we do seem to be wining with them ..:)

Here are some pics taken yesterday ..

this is the bigger of the two , and a boy ... Not sure of a name ..perhaps lucky?

002-3.jpg

and the little girl ... such a brave little scap of a bun .. Ive named her Hope in memory of my big girl who i lost yesterday ... she seems to have the same fighting spirit :love:

005-3.jpg

004-1.jpg

I love them already ... :love::love:

Last edited:
Oh my goodness, poor babies :cry:

Look forward to hearing updates on these two ,hopefully with your care they will thrive.

Lucky and Hope are perfect names.

I bet your beautiful Hope is proud that you have rescued this little pair and is binkying away at the bridge :)

Poor little munchkins - I hope that they put on lots of weight and their wounds heal quickly.

They are proper heart melters. xxx

Oh Angie they are so lovely. Thank goodness they have found their way to you.

It is very fitting that the Doe is to be called 'Hope'

Maybe the Buck could be Nomad ?

Awwwww best of luck to them!!

It sounds like they are recovering well!!

Keep us updated :)

Poor little babies. Always breaks my heart when I hear how they have been treated badly.

Glad they have found you. How lovely to name one Hope after your girl. :love:

Oh what sweeties! I remember at my US forum there were a few splayed leg bunnies. They were very young though and severely disabled, but they could really move if they needed to, the darlings. :love:
Sending these dear wee ones (((((((((((((((((megahealingvibes))))))))))))))))))))!

Oh bless them, poor things. They're a couple of beauties :love: So pleased you've got them and they're safe and happy :love:

Aw the ears! I love that Hope's aren't really straight :p

Best of luck to the brave little soldiers. I hope their problems improve with no other complications :)

Back