• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What a clever little boy!

DevonDwarf

Warren Scout
Hello :wave: Peter, our new little blue dwarf lop who is 12 weeks old (we've had him for one week today) seems to be (dare I say it :roll:) litter trained already! Now, I don't know if this is possible, but it would seem that it is because his tray is wet with urine and full of little poops! :D Who knew one could get quite so excited about poops and wees in a tray!! :lol:

Anyway, the main reason for this post is that I just had him on my lap and he decided he wanted to get down, so I gently placed him on the floor and he ran over to his tray and did a little wee!! Saving me from a wet leg (unfortunately Max (OH) wasn't so lucky the other night :lol:) and proving that he's litter trained! :D

So yes, I'm rather pleased :D:thumb:

Yay!!

My netherland dwarf Mo was exactly the same, he picked up the litter training within no time - he waits until you let him out of the cage in the morning and runs straight into the tray as he refuses to do it in his cage :love:

Hello Devondwarf

I have to say we have also been very lucky with our boy he went straight in the litter tray fom day 1 and only very occasionally deposits 1 or 2 poos elsewhere he has never wee'd on the floor. They are so clever :D o/h was v impressed!

Peter's the same, I'm so surprised, pleasantly though! :lol: I was thinking it would take weeks, although as he's my first house rabbit I didn't really know what to expect if I'm honest! :lol: Of course I don't expect him to get it right every time, but I'm chuffed that he's worked it out already! Very clever indeed! :D Bless him :love:

I can totally agree with you on the excitement thing! The first time I saw a litter tray full of poo I was so excited :lol:

Mine do all wees and most poos in their tray but still have the odd poo accident in the hutch :roll: I'd prefer that to the wee though as that can be so strong sometimes! :shock:

Back