• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A man and his rabbit . . go to watch the Olympic Flame . .

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
Though we didn't get one of them actually with the flame going past as didn't want to surge forward with Parsley just to get them bothin the picture.

This was us waiting.

33f4af16.jpg

30eb15bd.jpg

Parsley loves being carried around as he is a very very people friendly and inquisitive rabbit and totally unphased by noise etc (poss as at least one ear drum has perforated due to his inner ear problems) - and we have started using the sling to carry him back and forth for his various treatments to the Animal Health Trust (by car) and the vet - he hates his carry case and thumps when we put him in it. -

we are always ultra careful about dogs and people approaching, etc and also he usually has more of his body in the sling than seen here - we can 'duck ' him inside comfortable so that either only his face or nothing at all shows . . . He likes to sit against your body so to speak . . and we used to just carry him like that without the sling - but it was quite exposed so this is better.

He is the only rabbit of all ours that I would do this with . . though Steve uses the sling for very ill rabbits when he is working at home we dont take any others out in it. (and we dont usually take Parsley to social events - though tbh he seemed to really enjoy the short walk there and back - looking round in a very interested and totally non stressed way.

RubyTed and others that have met him can testify to his non-stressedness!

PS and to anyone that asks 'why'? we have found in the past that if a bun is with us on holiday or something like that then we have more 'memories' of them - as Parsley has an inner ear abcessess and cancer we want to have as many memories as possible that involve him - and if it is something he is not concerned about (and in fact purrs when people stroke him) then that works all round!

Last edited:
That is sooo cute!!

I wish ours would sit like that with us but they are wayyyyyy to hyper :love::love:

:love::love::love::love::love:

So cute and adorable. Mr Bennett is not fazed by people. I was amazed how much he loved the attention of my cousins two children aged 8 and 12. Obviously they are responsible children and loved playing with him. Eventually he just flopped out on the floor.

:lol: made me laugh.. He looks so cute sat in there. I bet you got some funny looks though!

It's a once in a lifetime experience seeing the Olympic flame so of course parsley didn't want to miss it. :love:

What a remarkable bunny you are Parsley.:love::love::love:

Really lovely to see a bunny in with such unusual surroundings.

Great photos. Thanks for sharing.:thumb:

What a remarkable bunny you are Parsley.:love::love::love:

Really lovely to see a bunny in with such unusual surroundings.

Great photos. Thanks for sharing.:thumb:

Thank you - was a bit scared of sharing as I realise some people would see this as a very scary experience for a rabbit and think we were inflicting it on him just for the hell of it -

but believe me Parsley is an incredibly friendly and outgoing bun - if he had wanted to hide he can easily tuck away down into the sling like some buns do into your armpit or elbow area when you are holding them at the vet - Parsley sits up and looks round.

We had a couple of people who said they used to have houserabbits - but theirs weren't keen on being handled - and some nice people with dogs who took care to move slightly away.

It was a fairly quiet part of the Flame procession - just the neighbourhood people - the major event was in the centre of town and we didnt go there - too busy making tea for the Open Day guests!

Thank you - was a bit scared of sharing as I realise some people would see this as a very scary experience for a rabbit and think we were inflicting it on him just for the hell of it -

but believe me Parsley is an incredibly friendly and outgoing bun - if he had wanted to hide he can easily tuck away down into the sling like some buns do into your armpit or elbow area when you are holding them at the vet - Parsley sits up and looks round.

We had a couple of people who said they used to have houserabbits - but theirs weren't keen on being handled - and some nice people with dogs who took care to move slightly away.

It was a fairly quiet part of the Flame procession - just the neighbourhood people - the major event was in the centre of town and we didnt go there - too busy making tea for the Open Day guests!

Well I think it's lovely you took him out and about, he will have enjoyed it by the sounds of his personality!! And such lovely piccies, thanks for sharing :D

I'm just so jealous. I am honoured if either of my two consent to a nose rub . I hope Parsley had a comfy ride :)

I'm just so jealous. I am honoured if either of my two consent to a nose rub . I hope Parsley had a comfy ride :)

Most of our rabbits are like that!!! Though we do have more than our fair share of strokeable ones and even another one we can pick up and cuddle!

Back