• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone else got buns that squabble?

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
Timmy and Mimi have been arguing lately :( Ive seen them do it before, when fenugreek crunchies are involved they usually end up having a squabble. Nothing major just abit of grunting and batting.

But just now I noticed that every time Timmy approaches Mimi from the front she puts her ears back, adopts a tense stance, grunts and batts/bites him on the head :(

Obviously Im keeping a close eye on them both and will be looking out for signs of illness, but they both seem to be behaving normally (other than scrapping!)

Has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas as to whats going on?? Im very worried :(

ETA. They are total snuggle buns between squabbles. Theyre currently snuggled up in their bed.

Last edited:
Luckily ive never had this problem - just keep an eye on them coz it may just be a dominance thing??

Hope it gets sorted :love:

N&S can be like that, mainly when pellets are around but sometimes something else will spark it off, especially if they see one of the other two at the gate.

N&S can be like that, mainly when pellets are around but sometimes something else will spark it off, especially if they see one of the other two at the gate.

Maybe its a lionhead thing! ;)

Im starting to wonder if its my presence sparking it, perhaps they think Im going to have some food for them or something :?

Anyway alls calm again now. OH and I joke that theyre like the old married couple who fight and argue (but love eachother deeply) whereas Max and Charlotte are still in the honeymoon phase :lol:

Hettie and Sweep do occasionally start chasing each other when they are excited about food. Always Sweep chasing Hettie, Hettie runs into house and thumps, comes out again...and starts again.

As soon as you put the food down they forget :roll:

Mine chase and stamp at each other sometimes. Usually when I'm on my way to the hutch with food :roll:

They aren't spayed yet though and are still babies, well 5 & 7 months. They get on pretty well though 99% of the time :D

Suki is aggressive around feed time- she's in a trio. She has her tea in the hutch and I feed the other two in the run :)

Mine have a grumble at eachother EVERY morning when i open the hatch. They don't do it at any other time. I think it's one getting over excited and the other showing his disaproval.

Maybe its a lionhead thing! ;)

Im starting to wonder if its my presence sparking it, perhaps they think Im going to have some food for them or something :?

Anyway alls calm again now. OH and I joke that theyre like the old married couple who fight and argue (but love eachother deeply) whereas Max and Charlotte are still in the honeymoon phase :lol:

Yeah my lops always associate me with food or treats :roll: even though I don't feed them every time I come into their room. The lionheads p-rick their ears up when they see me but don't normally start chasing until they hear me scoop out a portion of pellets.

Yeah, the twins are exactly like this :(

But not all the time, they are they happiest girls in the world, when I'm not speaking to/touching/looking at any of the other six :roll:

Drives me nuts but they don't seem to bothered about it :?

Back