• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

BUNNY ROMANCE? - looking for a lovely bun girl

sharkfur

Warren Scout
This is our little, 2,5 year-old bun. He is not a dwarf, not a toy, just an average, but highly loveable little fellow. He is extremely friendly, and unlike most of the buns, he really doesn't get scared easily. He is a real character, with a fun personality... Although, he does have a guilty pleasure: he is addicted to bananas. Yup. :) So, as he's not neutered, we thought it was time for him to have a girlfriend. So if you live in London, and have a nice bunny girl who would like a handsome fellow to pay a visit, let us know :)

(note: regarding the lil' buns: we would love nothing more than to keep them...all of them, but right now, we cannot really afford that...so anyway, if you are interested, drop us a message)

149418_2165756120037_1621432430_n.jpg

Do you know anything about his genetic history? Because If not it's very irresponsible to sire your rabbit out.

You've also got to understand that although a mating is of course more dangerous for a female - there are still risks for a male rabbit. rabbits can get STD's too! There's also the potential that the female rabbit may fight yours, and he could get injured. Insurance will not normally cover any vet bills associated to mating, so If money is tight this is NOT a good idea for you.

I would advise having him neutered and then find him a neutered wife.
He looks a lovely boy.

Do you know anything about his genetic history? Because If not it's very irresponsible to sire your rabbit out.

You've also got to understand that although a mating is of course more dangerous for a female - there are still risks for a male rabbit. rabbits can get STD's too! There's also the potential that the female rabbit may fight yours, and he could get injured. Insurance will not normally cover any vet bills associated to mating, so If money is tight this is NOT a good idea for you.

Yes, the generic history is not a problem, I got all the info I wanted from the owner of his parents... But my, oh my, you got me there.... STD. I know lots about my pets and animals in general, but never knew buns can get STDs. :O i wouldnt be afraid of injuries or fights, I've been there a couple of times before (not with him though, my friends' buns...) and I am always uber-careful and able to make the move if necessary..
Anyways, thank you for the reply, the STD-part made me think... :)

I would advise having him neutered and then find him a neutered wife.
He looks a lovely boy.

Hi Babsie,

Thank you, he is indeed a lovely, and very friendly chap :) I really wanted him to keep his manly parts, because one day it might be nice to have some lil furballs that are his sons n daughters... but right now my fiancee is really leaning towards neutering him.... hmm.. (I know all the positive effects it would do...but still,.. I mean, he is not aggressive, pushy or he's not problematic in any way...)

Hi Babsie,

Thank you, he is indeed a lovely, and very friendly chap :) I really wanted him to keep his manly parts, because one day it might be nice to have some lil furballs that are his sons n daughters... but right now my fiancee is really leaning towards neutering him.... hmm.. (I know all the positive effects it would do...but still,.. I mean, he is not aggressive, pushy or he's not problematic in any way...)

A lot of people on here are pro rescue. There are so many buns in rescue centres (over 30, 000 with more coming in all the time) so we really don't like the idea of making new little bunnies on purpose. Obviously it's up to you at the end of the day but have a look at some of the bonded rabbits on the forum. There is nothing cuter in my opinion than two bunnies in love. Even better than babies. ;)

Here's an example...

IMG_0015.jpg

:wave:

A lot of people on here are pro rescue. There are so many buns in rescue centres (over 30, 000 with more coming in all the time) so we really don't like the idea of making new little bunnies on purpose. Obviously it's up to you at the end of the day but have a look at some of the bonded rabbits on the forum. There is nothing cuter in my opinion than two bunnies in love. Even better than babies. ;)

Here's an example...

IMG_0015.jpg

:wave:

Oh, I do I get that or what :D I've been rescuing animals all my life...:) We plan on adopting a couple of rescue buns ourselves, to have a big family and all...but not until we actually buy a house with a big garden and all :p and since my bun is not yet neutered, I figured if there is a girl out there who did not get spayed, and the owner would want babies, we might as well bring our boy over to be the dad....

But awww...there is a simple rule if you send me me messages... do NOT show me cut epics like that of bunnies, cause I will immediately wake up my fiancee to show her :D

Sorry - reading back i realise i sounded very aggressive last night - but as others have said i'm for rescue rabbits and don't agree with breeding unless you take full and lifelong responsibility for the babies.

You're rabbit is lovely though, so welcome to the forum.

As I said before, he is a lovely boy!

I would, however, still advise neutering him and bonding him with a spayed female.

That way, you would make your bunny boy very happy and content (most rabbits are much happier in pairs).

By giving a home to a rescue female rabbit (there are at least 35,000 in rescues), this would free up a rescue place to another bunny in distress (all rescues have waiting lists of rabbits needing help) .....

and prevent any of your babies eventually ending up needing rescue places in the future because the owners no longer want them (if you think about it, the majority of rescue rabbits were once pets).

It is, of course, your decision as to what you want .... just giving my advice and saying what I would do in your situation.

If you are thinking tha one day you would like the experience of babby bunster this would be my recommendation. Have your beautiful boy neutered and find him a lovely spayed wifey bun. Then at some point contact a rescue with the offer of fostering a pregnant female, you will of course have a home check etc done but this is only because we are all super concerned for the welfare of our charges.
You then will get the experience of little ones (mostly stress and worry till they are a few weeks old IMO) and full rescue back up to find the wee ones new homes under contract.
That way you can help so many rabbits and really make a difference:thumb:

If you are thinking tha one day you would like the experience of babby bunster this would be my recommendation. Have your beautiful boy neutered and find him a lovely spayed wifey bun. Then at some point contact a rescue with the offer of fostering a pregnant female, you will of course have a home check etc done but this is only because we are all super concerned for the welfare of our charges.
You then will get the experience of little ones (mostly stress and worry till they are a few weeks old IMO) and full rescue back up to find the wee ones new homes under contract.

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Something I would love to do one day myself :D love the idea of caring for baby bunnies and seeing them grow up, but without the guilt of bringing them into this world and with the full knowledge that they will get decent, fully homechecked new homes :)

To the OP - please just go down to your local rabbit rescue and see the massive quantity of rabbits there desperately needing new homes. Bringing more bunnies into this world is un-necessary, and in my opinion irresponsible if you are aware of the rescue situation. Sorry if that comes across a little harsh but if you see it for yourself, you might see what people (including me) are so passionately against casual breeding.

Right now on preloved alone there are 7435 rabbits looking for a home, 300 of them free to a good home, which can end up as snake food:(
This is just one ad site, there are hundreds more and this is not including pet shop window ads and all of the hardworking rescues trying to find homes for the buns already in existence. 7435 looking for a home of their own today.... how many more will there be tomorrow?

Sorry - reading back i realise i sounded very aggressive last night - but as others have said i'm for rescue rabbits and don't agree with breeding unless you take full and lifelong responsibility for the babies.

You're rabbit is lovely though, so welcome to the forum.

Don't worry, you sounded absolutely sane and reasonable :) you did, really :) and I completely agree, too :)

As I said before, he is a lovely boy!

I would, however, still advise neutering him and bonding him with a spayed female.

That way, you would make your bunny boy very happy and content (most rabbits are much happier in pairs).

By giving a home to a rescue female rabbit (there are at least 35,000 in rescues), this would free up a rescue place to another bunny in distress (all rescues have waiting lists of rabbits needing help) .....

and prevent any of your babies eventually ending up needing rescue places in the future because the owners no longer want them (if you think about it, the majority of rescue rabbits were once pets).

It is, of course, your decision as to what you want .... just giving my advice and saying what I would do in your situation.

That sounds like a plan for me, too. And my fiancee is all up for that, too...
You know, before i came to this forum, I never knew how many of them get abandoned... I'm usually a pessimist, and do not trust people, but for some reason, it never even crossed my mind that people are that careless and ignorant (to say the least)...why.....how could they abandon a living creature like that...especially this cute :(

It makes me sad to think about that people even abandon pregnant mommies :( But on the other hand... That does sound like something we would do :)

Right now on preloved alone there are 7435 rabbits looking for a home, 300 of them free to a good home, which can end up as snake food:(
This is just one ad site, there are hundreds more and this is not including pet shop window ads and all of the hardworking rescues trying to find homes for the buns already in existence. 7435 looking for a home of their own today.... how many more will there be tomorrow?

It is so hard for me to realize how many of them are out there....I don't get people...I really don't. :(

It is so hard for me to realize how many of them are out there....I don't get people...I really don't. :(

It's horrible but true :( and heart breaking :( Since the middle of January our 4 buns have cost over £300, and that's just so far! I have scars that are a few years old from being kicked and scratched. Kids pets my bum :evil: (Obviously I mean that if there is no responsible adult to be sole carer) My mom complains that her garden is over run with rabbits (only have 2 outdoors! :lol:) but she is the one that wanted to put their other run on to give them even more room :lol: The 2 indoor buns are dental rabbits and one of them has never eaten hay! Poppy nearly died, Leo we had from my bf's neighbours, awful conditions :( He was living in this for 5 years :( but it's a common thing.. Just stick them in a hutch and give them a carrot every now and then. Carrots being sugary and not good for rabbits as a food source! Just a treat. Bugs bunny doesn't help with that stereotype :lol:

This was after we had cleaned him out, it was full of auboise. The gardener looked after him.. kept filling it with auboise so we kept taking it out :evil: we looked after him while they were on holiday. I have never got up at 6am so willingly before. We had him about a week after they got back. They nicknamed him killer bunny, he is the biggest softy ever. We had to treat him for mites and he had muscle wastage. He had a stroke after we had him but now he's fine :D shows what a little love and care can do. Muscles are strong again and he has his own room :)

PICT0003-3.jpg

Last edited:
It's horrible but true :( and heart breaking :( Since the middle of January our 4 buns have cost over £300, and that's just so far! I have scars that are a few years old from being kicked and scratched. Kids pets my bum :evil: (Obviously I mean that if there is no responsible adult to be sole carer) My mom complains that her garden is over run with rabbits (only have 2 outdoors! :lol:) but she is the one that wanted to put their other run on to give them even more room :lol: The 2 indoor buns are dental rabbits and one of them has never eaten hay! Poppy nearly died, Leo we had from my bf's neighbours, awful conditions :( He was living in this for 5 years :( but it's a common thing.. Just stick them in a hutch and give them a carrot every now and then. Carrots being sugary and not good for rabbits as a food source! Just a treat. Bugs bunny doesn't help with that stereotype :lol:

This was after we had cleaned him out, it was full of auboise. The gardener looked after him.. kept filling it with auboise so we kept taking it out :evil: we looked after him while they were on holiday. I have never got up at 6am so willingly before. We had him about a week after they got back. They nicknamed him killer bunny, he is the biggest softy ever. We had to treat him for mites and he had muscle wastage. He had a stroke after we had him but now he's fine :D shows what a little love and care can do. Muscles are strong again and he has his own room :)

PICT0003-3.jpg

Oh my....it's always heartbreaking to read such stories...but then again, I'm real happy about the outcome :) It's great that you are not one of those..uhm... careless people :) good job :D

Back