• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding

Sgj231

New Kit
Hi all

We now have two rabbits (yay) one dwarf lop female and a 8 week old French lop male.

I have read a lot about bonding but I need to check something I am a little concerned with.

They both spend most of the day side by side in there cages (and runs). After we move them into the neutral area (day 5 now) the female mainly does her own thing but when she does go towards him she will try to nip his ears and ears. I always break this up as it is easy to see the male is afraid and has yelped once or twice ( no physical signs off harm ).

Is this normal?

Any help would be great I really want these to get along.... I should add the female has been sprayed and the Male is too young to have the operation yet ( it has been booked )

Regards

Matthew

im not an expert, but it could just be a dominance thing??

or it could just be their way of adapting in a new place, and not wanting to share the new territory!!

Hope this helps xx

Also it might be that the boy is still a baby rabbit really and too young to defend himself, hence female bun is taking advantage. Can you not wait until boy bunny has been neutered? Also if she keeps picking on him he might become nervous and too submissive for a boy.

All is well!!!!

Apollo and max are making great progress... Loads of gooming and lying next to each. It was just a matter of patience.

Thanks for the advice

Best regards

Matthew

Back