• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please can Digby have some vibes...U/D 13/7 back from vets

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
He finished his course of antibiotic eye drops on Friday, they don't seem to have done anything. His eye sockets still have White milky stuff in them, and this morning he's started sneezing and spluttering again (he hasn't been like that since winter) :( I'll be taking him back to the vets tomorrow, he's feeling really sorry for himself today :( I hope the vet can sort him out.

Last edited:
Poor lad, sounds as though his sinuses are well and truly gunked up :cry:

Has he had his nasolacrimal ducts flushed and a course of systemic abx ?

Poor lad, sounds as though his sinuses are well and truly gunked up :cry:

Has he had his nasolacrimal ducts flushed and a course of systemic abx ?

No, the vet said he would flush his tear ducts if the drops didn't work :? And he couldn't see anything to make him think that systemic abx were necessary :( I might see one of the other vets at the practice next time we go...

We are back from the vets, Digby has had his tear ducts flushed. The vet just used local anaesthetic and he was absolutely fine :) but no gunk came out, he said they were pretty clear really :? We have now got some baytril to give him for a week. But he hasn't sneezed or anything since Sunday, it was just after I'd stopped his eye drops. The vet (Vince) thinks maybe it's just accumulation of tears due to his overly large eye sockets :? Although because there is often milky stuff in there, it could be lingering pasteurella. If he doesn't seem better after the baytril we are going to wait a few weeks then do a culture...

Back