• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Good/Trusted Vets near Leigh, Lancs?

Pie Eyed

Young Bun
Hi all.

I'm looking for recommendations for a good/trusted bunny vet somewhere near Leigh, Lancs?

If I have to travel, so be it. I'd rather go with "good" than "close".

No emergencies yet, but need to be prepared (bunny arrives this Wednesday).

Also, has anyone had dealings with Vets4Pets Vaccine4Life?
Any good? Worthwhile? Or one to be avoided for any reason?

Thanks
Craig

Bunny Hops rescue is in Leigh. Kay who runs it has an excellent vet, you could try contacting her to find out which practice she uses.

Kay is Kayj on here, but I don't think she is on very often. You'll find her contact details on her website. http://www.bunnyhop.co.uk/

OK.

On the off-chance that anyone else is near me and looking for a good local vet, Kay's site (Bunny Hops Rescue Centre) personally recommends MyPetsVets on Twist Lane, Leigh.

I will certainly be taking a good look at them.

Thanks again, Tracy.

Sorry to butt in, but through this site I have found My Pets Vets in Leigh are Caroline and her husband Lloyd who run it are absolutely fantastic, really cant rate them highly enough.

Also very good with other animals, my cat had some dental work done recently - superb service - very happy with them :lol:

Carole

Hi :)

Pie Eyed, was wondering if you had used My Pets Vets? I've been looking for a trusted vet too and Leigh is only about 20 minutes away from us

Hi Marble.

Yes, I took Lola-Rose to have her vaccinations there and Caroline was LOVELY.

She seems very knowledgeable and even has a herb garden round the back, so that any buns that have to stay over can eat someof their favourite food.

I would certainly recommend them.

Craig

Back