• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Truffle isnt right :/ UPDATE been vets not good :(

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
She hasnt been right since going for the combined vaccine,Shes now slowed down on her eating,and her wee smells really strong but is normal in colour not chalky or sludgy ?

Last edited:
when did she have the vacs? i have known someone lose a bun after the combi..and as yet we are still having the seperate ones done.
Hope she is ok but she ought to see a vet ASAP if not right after jab. xx

when did she have the vacs? i have known someone lose a bun after the combi..and as yet we are still having the seperate ones done.
Hope she is ok but she ought to see a vet ASAP if not right after jab. xx

I hope Truffle is back to normal this morning.

Jill, can I ask how long after the combined jab did the bunny die?

I hope Truffle is back to normal this morning.

Jill, can I ask how long after the combined jab did the bunny die?

About 10 days..perfectly healthy bun..stopped eating..owner picked up to try to syringe feed and bun fitted and died in owners arms... could be coincidence and no pm was done so we'll never know..but it is one happneing I am keeping in mind in case hear of others :?

I took her to the vets this morning,She had eaten and pooed overnight,But was just picking at food this morning,Vet checked her mouth said her jaw wasnt properly alined My friend came in on her day off cause shes a bunny vet nurse,She rang me to say her teeth wernt that bad but she had a missing tooth at the back and the start of an absess :( She also said her jaw is slightly thickend so she poss also has osteomilitis:( Poor Truffle has been up to now much a healthy bun shes now on seprin,depocilin injections,zantac and metacam,Just hope she gets better:(

Sending vibes for poor Truffle. No wonder she wasn't eating. Hopefully she will pick up now with all the medication she is on.

Bit worried about her:cry: She ate sun eve,Yesterday am and pm,But today so far she has hardly touched anything:cry: Ive just been and picked some dandilions and plantain for her

Can you feel along her jaw to check for any obvious pain and/or lumpiness. She may need additional analgesia as if it is osteomyelitis then it will be VERY painful :cry:

Has she poo'd ?

Back