• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rex Sore Hocks - Vet Gold Cream

VikkiVet

Mama Doe
Has anyone tried Vet Gold cream for sore hocks before?

I've been using it for a week on Kylo's feet and its had really good results. Applied once a day without bandages or anything else, not changed anything else about his routine or housing etc. Already his feet are much less red and sore and the hair is growing back. Costs about £10 per tube.

Just thought I'd share in case anyone is looking for a new treatment. I've never found anything else that made any difference.

Have never heard of it personally but only ever had one bun with bad hocks. Went looking for it and interested to note that it's an all-natural product, and OTC.

How does it absorb and are there dangers if ingested? The problem I had with putting cream on Oidhche's feet was that it took ages to sink in and if I didn't give it long enough without putting her down she stamped it all over fleece and started to clean her feet. Nightmare. :roll::lol:

Maybe this could go in the Health thread as something new for hocks, assuming it isn't there already.

Yeah they were big bonus features for me - I really didn't want anything with steroids or NSAIDs etc in for long-term use. I was given it for Indi's wound, so she has a dressing over hers. For Kylo I just smeared it on and let him go. I imagine some definitely comes back off but enough seems to absorb in to make a difference. I don't like the use of bandages unless its very severe and bleeding. Kylo also gets sores on his front feet :roll: so I tried it there as well but he licked that straight off. He hasn't licked it off his back feet so far, but I deliberately do it before dinner so he's distracted and not running around for a few minutes. As its all natural ingredients, I don't think there is a big issue with ingesting it in small quantities.

Back