• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

No Wife Just Yet

Cari

Warren Veteran
We're not quite ready for a Honeybunny here.

I have been given some rather bad advice by the P@H vet about Stephen and had been told he had already visited the Plum Fairy. Never having had rabbits before as an adult I took his word for it but Stephen is still an entire buck. He was humming and chinning the minute the girlies came in and we had to push him off poor Jinty. I am very sad as both Jinty and Gemini were beautiful and was very sad to see them go.

It is clear now to me that he is an intact little boy as he keeps trying to hump me because I smell of the girls, he has never done it before today.

I feel quite sad and let down by the P@H vet and sad for Stephen that he has got frustrated because the girlies were there but we had to put him away, and because I was so looking forward to him having a friend but he will have to wait a bit yet.

I'm going to have a bit of a mope and a cry now.

Thank you to lovely Jill for coming and spending some time with us. I'm sorry we've let you down.

We had a lovely chat and a lovely hour or so together and I did get to cuddle to rather beautiful girls:

jinty.jpg

Jinty having a cuddle on my lap.

What a shame :( will you be having him neutered soon? And will you use the p@h vet? I would be inclined to find a new one, unless you already have another vet :)

It must be frustrating for you :( but hopefully once he has been done (neuters are a lot easier than spays IMO! :lol: both of our boys were bounding around and munching within a few hours!) he will be able to find wifey bun :love:

Oh I'm so sorry for your disappointment. :(

Stephen's day for a wifey-bun will come, once he has seen the Plum Fairy and settled down I'm sure you will still be able to have Honeybunny for him.

That's appalling Cari. I would let the vets know about this. He can visit the plum fairy and then get a wifey.

Good to see Jinty having a cuddle though :thumb:

to add my bit!
Cari you haven't let me or anyone down..the vet has let you down and you should complain.
Lovely to meet you and hope you enjoy the chocolate!. You make a good cup of tea but I missed out on the biscuits!:lol:
I knew as soon as Stephen came out to see me that it was unlikely he was neutered..he sang to us all and acted like an intact male!!!
As soon as picked him up saw his two rather large saddle bags!:oops: lol
Shocking when a vet examines a rabbit and says he is done,,especially when the owner has described his behaviour and vet says it's just a habit..and not the first time this vet has mis sexed rabbits..vet within PAH by the way! And Cari has already changed to our vets so proper care now :)
.Stephen is lovely and well loved and I felt so sorry for Cari that she couldn't have a girlie...especailly as Jinty so enjoyed her cuddle! But she is getting her bun neutered and in the not so distant future I'm sure will adopt a lovely honeybunny..hugs to you Cari and noserubs to Stephen xxx

At least you were going the rescue route. Can you imagine what would've happened if you had just gone out and bought a female?

Get your vet ring now, booked in for mon, and in ten days time you are ready for ya new bun :)

What a shame :( will you be having him neutered soon? And will you use the p@h vet? I would be inclined to find a new one, unless you already have another vet :)

It must be frustrating for you :( but hopefully once he has been done (neuters are a lot easier than spays IMO! :lol: both of our boys were bounding around and munching within a few hours!) he will be able to find wifey bun :love:

I will be having him neutered as soon as we can afford it, obviously I have the adoption money for his lady friend but we need a bit more than that for a neuter, and then we need to save up again. I already have a new vet, he's at a lovely surgery with some lovely vets, I never asked them to check him over as he had already been seen by what I thought, was an Ok vet. I only swapped initially because they didn't seem to know what was best for his eye.

What a shame :( at least you found out though!

This is very true.

Oh I'm so sorry for your disappointment. :(

Stephen's day for a wifey-bun will come, once he has seen the Plum Fairy and settled down I'm sure you will still be able to have Honeybunny for him.

He's so calm and settled as it is, I didn't even think to question it when I was told he'd been neutered, the only signs I could see was when he circled me and grunted but I was told it was "learnt behaviour" and it was just habit. I'm sure he will calm down and be happier once he's been neutered.

That's appalling Cari. I would let the vets know about this. He can visit the plum fairy and then get a wifey.

Good to see Jinty having a cuddle though :thumb:

I will speak to the vets on Monday, I don't want to completely blame him though. Jinty was just gorgeous. I wanted to keep her she was a little darling. :love:

to add my bit!
Cari you haven't let me or anyone down..the vet has let you down and you should complain.
Lovely to meet you and hope you enjoy the chocolate!. You make a good cup of tea but I missed out on the biscuits!:lol:
I knew as soon as Stephen came out to see me that it was unlikely he was neutered..he sang to us all and acted like an intact male!!!
As soon as picked him up saw his two rather large saddle bags!:oops: lol
Shocking when a vet examines a rabbit and says he is done,,especially when the owner has described his behaviour and vet says it's just a habit..and not the first time this vet has mis sexed rabbits..vet within PAH by the way! And Cari has already changed to our vets so proper care now :)
.Stephen is lovely and well loved and I felt so sorry for Cari that she couldn't have a girlie...especailly as Jinty so enjoyed her cuddle! But she is getting her bun neutered and in the not so distant future I'm sure will adopt a lovely honeybunny..hugs to you Cari and noserubs to Stephen xxx

I will speak to them Jill, thank you. I just feel a bit silly is all, like I should have known.
I'm so sorry, I completely forgot the biscuits I was a bit miso and was enjoying my Jinty cuddles too much.

He will be neutered as soon as we can so we can have our lovely honeybunny.

At least you were going the rescue route. Can you imagine what would've happened if you had just gone out and bought a female?

Get your vet ring now, booked in for mon, and in ten days time you are ready for ya new bun :)

:shock:

I don't even want to think and before I joined this forum that would have been the next step, to get him a friend as he was on his own during the day when I was at work.
He will be booked in as soon as we've sorted money and I know that the vet doing it is the one we've seen before and I'm comfortable with.

i'm sorry this hasn't gone well so far, but you were in expert hands when you discovered the truth, which is a blessing. and you have a lovely relationship with stephen. in a while, everything will be sorted and he will have a friend. don't be sad.

Oh crikey! ...and I feel bad too because I didn't physically check Stephen when I came to see you :oops:

You've been told a porky pie by the person you adopted him from and let down by the vets at P@H :cry: I hope you will make your feelings known to both parties :evil:

No need to feel bad though. Just get him neutered asap then wait a few weeks for his hormones to die down ;) :thumb:

i'm sorry this hasn't gone well so far, but you were in expert hands when you discovered the truth, which is a blessing. and you have a lovely relationship with stephen. in a while, everything will be sorted and he will have a friend. don't be sad.

Very true and Jill was so lovely about it all, even though I felt like I had wasted her time and made poor Jinty and Gemini nervous for nothing :(
Stephen is my little darling, I love him so dearly which makes doubly sad as I feel I've let him down too, having him here for a year and not realising.

Oh crikey! ...and I feel bad too because I didn't physically check Stephen when I came to see you :oops:

You've been told a porky pie by the person you adopted him from and let down by the vets at P@H :cry: I hope you will make your feelings known to both parties :evil:

No need to feel bad though. Just get him neutered asap then wait a few weeks for his hormones to die down ;) :thumb:

That's not your fault Jen, I told you he'd been neutered, how were you to know? :)
I gave Jill your lovely hay, I hope the girlies like it more than fussy bum did here.

I'll speak to P@H next week and have emailed his old owner already about it all.
He'll be neutered ASAP. :)

Back