• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Heidi's extension! *Pics*

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Even tho I was feeling really ill last night I decided to cobble together an extension onto Heidi's temp cage as I was feeling sorry for her with no space and she's going to have to spend a good few weeks in here. She thanked me by waking me at 5am this morning stomping around in it :shock: She's in the next room aswell, don't know how u lot cope with house bunnies!!
So here's what iv done with things I already had knocking around...

This is the dog crate she started with, with carry cage attached as bed which she has adopted as litter tray instead :roll:
71afad0e.jpg

I attached some metal run panels with some Lino underneath...
55aca93b.jpg

Iv put in an ikea lack table with door mat on top (not sure how easily she'll jump onto it but it makes a good den underneath! Have also put a fabric tube thingy under it, attached to run to hold in place.

So this is the full set up now...
dfdea6b7.jpg

Hmm an open door, do I dare...??
539056a7.jpg

Uuuum no....
5dd8a7ca.jpg

Oh go on then, that looks like a good throwy chewy thing...
bc889221.jpg

Hmm I wonder where that leads...
d135a927.jpg

I'll just make sure I claim everything as I go, rub rub rub...
f7125527.jpg

03e119dd.jpg

Side view...
5d7d61c4.jpg

Even managed to sneak out the horrid poo and wee soaked blanket out of the 'bed' and replace with hay! Good girl eating her hay!!
2a035d84.jpg

At least now I can shut her off from one area to clean if she gets narky with me!! She wasn't too bad tho last night, and this morning I put her veges in with no grunting or threatening whatsoever :thumb:

That looks really good and useful to be able to close one area off to clean. She looks lovely.

That looks really good and useful to be able to close one area off to clean. She looks lovely.

Thanks, it's only temporary, but tried to make the best of what I had available for her. I'm keeping her completely away from my other 2 until they've all been spayed and recovered by which time I'm hoping they can all share the large hutch and run I have on order! Fingers crossed! :)

She's a real wee beauty. :love:

Thanks :D she is, even when she's grunting at me I keep telling her how sweet and lovely she is!! I can c through her act :lol: I just went to change her water, give hay etc and managed to rescue food bowl I couldn't get to previously as she blocked me! Also move litter tray as she was pooping in opposite corner :? All with no probs, taking it slowly and calmly and she even let me stroke her a little, very lightly so as not to push her too far but I'm so pleased how quickly she seems to be gaining trust in me, I really do think it was just lack of trust promoting fear which made her aggressive which in turn made the staff not like dealing with her and prob led to some rough handling :(

Back