• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Diet gurus - your opinions please?

KB

Mama Doe
Looking for a bit of advice/opinions here.
I'm unable to purchase Oxbow bunny basics T here in NZ.
I'd been getting it sent at huge expense from Oz but it's difficult & expensive & not that reliable with it customs & MAF (Ministry of Agriculture & Fisheries) often holding it up.
I am able to purchase this horse food locally even though its from the US & contents wise it is actually a bit better than the local pellets which are **** quite frankly.
So what do you think? I know its a alfalfa /timothy combination but all the pellets here are all lucerne (alfalfa) so this at least gives me some timothy.
Please follow the link. Thanks for looking. :D All comments appreciated.
http://www.horselands.co.nz/product/Standlee+Timothy+Lucerne+Cubes+22.68+kg-8171.htmx

A bump to catch a better time zone?

At first glance it certainly seems alright to me, but there are others much more experienced than me;)

If finding pellets is tricky for you, you could do much worse than a hay and forage diet only:thumb: As a child that is all my buns ever had, along with the odd spoonful of rolled oats in the winter to keep their weight on:D

At first glance it certainly seems alright to me, but there are others much more experienced than me;)

If finding pellets is tricky for you, you could do much worse than a hay and forage diet only:thumb: As a child that is all my buns ever had, along with the odd spoonful of rolled oats in the winter to keep their weight on:D

:wave:
Hi Geoffs people, thanks for that.
Finding decent pellets is impossible really.
I had a surprise at the horse feed place today when they said they can get timothy only cubes for me.
Re hay & forage diet, I do a fair amount of this but my Flemish girl is around 6 I've had her for nearly 2 years & prior to that she was very obese. Who knows what she was fed but I now struggle to keep weight on her really as she gets on in years so need a few pellets.
Her Nethie hubby would be fine on hay & forage only.
My foster bun is a hay monster so I don't have to worry about her to much but she will eventually go to someone who will want to feed a few pellets so I should prepare her for that I guess.

Back