• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Petplan-What Do You Pay?

sonnet

Alpha Buck
Further to my previous post re Petplan & my having to pay an excess of £50 aswell as a % I rang them & was told that beacause my policy is 'an old 'covered for life' one that's cheaper I have to pay a % excess too'-dipsticks never told me I could update it to their newer policy which doesn't include a % excess but I pay a bit more a month!! Grr!!

Anyway in a nutshell 'Mr Petplan' says I will have to wait until renewing (another 11 months away!) until I can change or I risk not being covered for the nasty Stasis Attack I've just claimed for but what I want to know is for those that are with Petplan how much do you pay per bun per month? Also how much is your excess-is it £50?
He says 'you have a very cheap premium'-I'm paying £9.80 a month-is he just worming his way out of things or are you all paying heaps more?!

For my 3 I pay: £16.36 for Poppy (nearly six years old and I've made a couple of claims, one which was over £700). Peter:£12.77 (I've also claimed on this policy, he is 3), and £13.50 for Pixie, I only took out this policy a couple of weeks ago.

I don't know which belongs to who without checking but my direct debits to PP are:

10.31, 9.36, 12.06, 11.06 and 10.86. I also have a joint one for Binky and Shadow :cry: which last month was 18.82.

Logically, Esme the first insured would be the 12.06 (no multipet discount), and Rudy's the 9.30 as there's a 10% on-line discount (first year on that one). So on average about £10 / £11. There's just excess of £55, no percentage on any of them.

For those pondering about insurance - there's claims on all those polices except Rudy and that's because of all the flippin' exclusions on it!

I pay £16.10 altogether for my 2. I took the policy out in January. I haven't claimed before but I expect the price will rise next year.

Thanks everyone. Will def update my policy to the non-% excess one when Mr Petplan says I can, as not a huge monthly payment difference it seems. :thumb:

Back