• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hydrotherapy for rabbits/ gave it a go p21

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Has anyone else tried it????

I am terrified about doing it in case i drown her:shock: Can you buy rabbit arm bands!

I don't even like getting her very wet when she needs a bum bath :oops:

Last edited:
No advice I'm afraid, just wanted to boost your confidence by saying that I hardly think you'd drown her :lol: I understand that you're nervous though, I know I'd be!

rabbits CAN swim, so she shouldnt drown as long as you support her :lol: I wouldnt worry too much about getting her wet, just about getting her dry :?

No advice really Liz, except keep her steady in the sling.

I know when I ruptured my ACL the benefit of hydrotherapy was unbelievable, it really helped me. I would hope it would do the same for Trevor x

No advice really Liz, except keep her steady in the sling.

I know when I ruptured my ACL the benefit of hydrotherapy was unbelievable, it really helped me. I would hope it would do the same for Trevor x

Yes mum suggested I make another sling to support her front half so she feels more secure and then I can hold that with one hand and support her bum with the other. I can't use the sling I already have as it is so well padded it would never dry out!

I am going to feel bad trying this but I guess its cruel to be kind, you never know she might like it, nothing has bothered her so far!

You can only try it and as you say, she may even enjoy it. She definitely seems to be enjoying life with you :love:

You can only try it and as you say, she may even enjoy it. She definitely seems to be enjoying life with you :love:

The physio said it is going to be an awful waste of water, but me and Trevor decided we will tell her daddy we are being kind and running him a bath and while he is getting ready for it Trevor can take a quick dip first ;):lol::lol:

Getting the temperature right - just on body heat? - is probably key to how she'll take to it. As Georgey said, rabbits can swim and Trev might find it quite liberating because her weight will be supported. I'd be terrified too, though! Where will you do it? In the bath?

ETA: you just said: in the bath. Now that's true love when a partner will let a bun have first dibs on the bath water! :thumb: :lol:

Getting the temperature right - just on body heat? - is probably key to how she'll take to it. As Georgey said, rabbits can swim and Trev might find it quite liberating because her weight will be supported. I'd be terrified too, though! Where will you do it? In the bath?

ETA: you just said: in the bath. Now that's true love when a partner will let a bun have first dibs on the bath water! :thumb: :lol:

That is exactly how I felt when I had it for my knee. It gave me confidence and the exercise does seem to build muscles up quicker with less stress.

Liz - I can just imaging Steve's face :lol:

Arh but I didn't say he would know about it ;) :lol::lol: If she has any little accidents i will just cover it up with a few bubbles :D:D

:) I think she'll enjoy it.
I saw a couple of videos on YouTube of buns swimming in swimming pools, some seem to actually really enjoy it and are quite fast! :lol:

Back