• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Travel Carrier Question

Michelleox

Mama Doe
What does everyone use on the bottom of their travel carrier to prevent bunnies sliding about?

I had a great bit of cardboard with ridges but i've had to throw it out recently. Just wondered what ideas people had :)

I just have newspaper in mine and put my arm in through the roof of it, and give strokes as we are travelling. Not much use if you are the driver though, sorry!

Newspaper and hay - find the hay distracts them on the journey - I drive very slowly so they don't slip around :thumb:

Newspaper and then either a deep layer of hay, or a blanket and then a little hay. Mine don't slide around. I also strap them in with the seatbelt through the carrier handle which minimises movement too.

my mini lops now don't travel in carrier they prefer to st on my knee or lie on it, when took sox to other vets few weeks back he said i was very brave without a carrier, i said he is used to beng carried and fussed and we trust each other

but when had rosie, for comfort she had vetbed in there

Oh forgot about Vetbed, thats a good idea. I find its when you are carrying them to the car and lifting them out etc. I tried hay but it made so much mess at the vets when they decided to dig about or when trying to lift them out.

my mini lops now don't travel in carrier they prefer to st on my knee or lie on it, when took sox to other vets few weeks back he said i was very brave without a carrier, i said he is used to beng carried and fussed and we trust each other

but when had rosie, for comfort she had vetbed in there

What do you do if there are dogs in the waiting room? I worry about dogs stressing the buns out when they're in the carrier!

I use fleece blankets. My old vet gave me into trouble for using hay as it was too difficult for him to clean after our appointment :roll:

Back