• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent plz help Bonding!!!!!!!!!!!!

millymolly3

Young Bun
Hi
We have been bonding our two rabbits and are ready for next stage which is mutual home supervised. When it is feeding time do I use one new bowl with pellets or two new bowls or do I use their normal feeding bowls?

Many Thanks

At this stage it is best to scatter their food then they wont argue over it. Good luck.

Thanks for your reply, so far so good although I didnt sleep much last night as supervising them, they were active most of the time but are quieter now. Cant quite believe it, they are already grooming each other and lying side by side, I know its early days as only 24 hours in but positive so far and my boy Frodo isnt humping her quite as much today as he was yesterday:oops:

Yay!!

Keep scattering the food for now then in a few days try feeding them with one bowl big enough between them :D xx

Thanks for your reply

Another night on 'guard duty' as do not want to be too complacent too soon! They are still okay at the moment, in the large indoor cage. Our bedroom smells of hay and rabbit! (oh well, hopefully it will all be worth it if they continue to get along). It's great to see them together, snuggling and grooming, Frodo is still humping Tilly and grunting but not as often though. He is sometimes running around kicking his back legs but he is also grooming her and flopping down beside her and, so far, she is tolerating it all and grooming him and flopping beside him!.

My OH has very kindly spent today scrubbing Tilly's outside hutch and run with white vinegar in preparation for them hopefully being together outside .....fingers (and toes) crossed!

Upset, its gone wrong, fighting!

All gone wrong today, I am really upset as it was going so well. I have started another thread for advice, its a bit long, sorry!

Back