• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trevor's first Physio session - fantastic news!!!

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:D Is it wrong that I am proud of myself as well as Trevor?? :lol:

The physio vet came today to see Trevor at home. I was so nervous that she would find her a hopeless case and agree that she should be pts but she didn't. She said everything I wanted her to say - everything I believed in, I am so happy :D:D

I am also so glad that I had Trevor seen at the house as it really did give a true indication of her personality and zest for life, plus she was much more relaxed for the treatments. So we are going to continue to have her sessions at home direct through the company rather than the vets regardless of cost as it is so much better for Trevor.

We went through all the exercises I have been trying with Trevor and the progress I felt she had made and was so relieved that all the ideas i had come up with really have made a huge difference to her, especially the sling I made for her and I now know it is safe to push her even harder. I have also been given some ideas of new things to try and how to make them fun for Trevor. It is going to be a full time job but i shall love every minute of it.

After being full assessed Trevor had a machine put on her with lights and stuff which helps cell regrowth among other things ( I wasn't really taking it in as i was just so relieved Esther had agreed to help Trevor :oops:) Trevor was so good, she soon settled down during it and even washed me before falling asleep!

The physio admitted she has never treated a rabbit with such a serious spinal injury and couldn't make any promises or guarantees, but I said i would be worried if she could as I am realistic enough to know she may never walk again, but while Trevor is willing try then so are we. However she did say there were some really promising signs :D The two week cut off point Juliet gave she said was far too soon and that we shouldn't reassess for at least 6 weeks.

We both agreed that trevor at the moment despite her disability has an excellent quality of life and is such a happy positive girl. But at the same time we do know that there are medical complications that can arise from her immobility which may mean we may need to reassess her quality of life before we reassess her walking ability, but despite a few bladder issues so far so good. Plus Esther is happy we have a realistic out look and will do the right thing if needed.

I also raised the question of her having a cart in the future and she actually thought it was a good idea. the more stimulation and freedom we can give Trevor the more she has to live for and the more determined she will become :D So we will give it a few more weeks and then seriously think about it. The cart making place is not too far from us so we will take her there to be measured and fitted properly.

The other thing I need to try is hydro therapy :shock: So at the weekend i will be popping Trevor in the bath!! Neither of us are sure how Trevor will deal with it but it is worth a try as it will be the very best exercise for her. If she doesn't like she said don't give up the first time, give it 3 tries. She only needs to be in it for 2-3 minutes. Apparently for a dog 5 minutes of proper exercise in a hydro pool is the equivalent of 5 miles on land!

Sorry for the essay, but it is such a huge relief to finally have someone on both ours and Trevor's side, see her as an individual and feel exactly the same way about her as we do :love:

GO TREVOR!!!!! That is one special little girl you have there. :love:

Fingers, toes, paws and everything crossed that you keep making progress! :)

Brilliant news! :D I'm really, really pleased, both for Trevor and for you and all her friends and followers. :love:

Now I just need to organise an acupuncture home visit. I had tried but the only day she could get to us this week was today which would have been too much for Trevor so i opted for the physio first as she could give me things to do to help Trevor during the week:D

Fantastic news Liz :thumb:. I'm so glad someone else is willing to give her as much of a chance as you are. She's in very safe hands.

Thank you all, I so unbelievably happy :D:D:D

trevor is supposed to be sleeping now but isn't she is washing/eating/playing with toys :love: Once again I am more tired than her!!

I am so pleased. I'd do a happy dance if I didn't think it would scare the guests who've just arrived. :lol: Really, really good news. :D

That's fantastic news. I am so glad that Trevor is going to be given a chance to continue to enjoy life. I really didn't agree with what your vet said having seen your photos and videos of Trevor.

I'm shedding tears of happiness.

What absolutely fantastic news!!! I'm over the moon for you and of course Trevor!!!

TREVOR.......YOU ARE ONE INCREDIBLE AND ADORABLE LITTLE BUNNY!!!

GO GIRL.:thumb:

:love::love::love:

Back