• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fox proofing help?

missFloppyears

Warren Veteran
is a padlock and a bolt enough to stop the foxes getting into the playhouse?
i have screwed the window shut and will ask andy to wee in the garden, i cant lose my babies to a fox no way in hell am i allowing any more buns to die this year.
545033_280467335394196_215590237_n.jpg

there isnt a run attatched at the moment so need to worry about that yet.

How sturdy is the playhouse? I'm thinking along the lines of attaching metal plates or perhaps a double layer of mesh to the bottom foot or so of the shed, to prevent a fox destroying the wood and getting in that way.

Very pretty though :D

How sturdy is the playhouse? I'm thinking along the lines of attaching metal plates or perhaps a double layer of mesh to the bottom foot or so of the shed, to prevent a fox destroying the wood and getting in that way.

Very pretty though :D

Exactly what I was going to suggest :thumb:

The padlock should do for the door. The playhouse looks solid enough but it's hard to say. How solid is the floor? Might be worth adding some extra solid wood on the outside to stop any access to the chipboard floor.

the playhouse is deffinately sturdy. taa for the idea of metal plates i may do that inside.
:thumb:
im such a panicy bun mum:oops::oops:

YOu have the same play house we have just bought as a chalet for the barn cat we have coming tomorrow:p
The floor and wall and roof I would all say are fine, but the window will need reinforcing, I would fix some sturdy mesh across the whole window area, as a foxes paw would make short work of the dividing struts and perspex.

I would think you are good to go after that!

I will still recommend electric fencing as well, but I recommend it to everyone:lol::lol:

Back