• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

odd movement any ideas?

winnies angel

Mama Doe
I noticed about a fortnight ago Jack is odd.
I cant describe really but he is doing things that would indicate a bad tummy. Pressing his belly to the ground now and then. Sitting more with his belly pressed to the floor.
I began to panic as it looks quite similar to how Winston acted (when we found out his hips were going) so obv we took him to the vet who done a thorough Investigation checking each toe etc etc for arthritis and so on.
The only thing she thought/found was he was tender around his bladder area, she couldn't feel any stones etc but we done a wee test to be sure.
His wee test indicated nothing unusual no stones/crystals so he is on treatment for cystitis just incase it was that, and a diet of cranberry/blueberry sticks which is a lower calcium intake just incase but he still acting oddly to me.
He is fine in every other way and not in pain as such (norm if he has bad tum we know straight away and he wont eat etc sits huddled) hes eating, poooping, running about like a loony but something just isnt right.
He is doing loads of cecal poops but perhaps this is just meds etc his med runs out sunday.
any suggestions???

Last edited:
Anyone?

I've noticed his poops are now lovely big hay coloured rather than small very dark/blacker so hopefully this is doing him better but he is still sitting with his backend lower to the ground than I would consider normal and pressing his tum to the floor.
Has anyone else had similar problems but vets found nothing?

Glad to hear Jack seems to be doing a bit better :wave:

My Timmy has been pressing his tummy down a lot, but vet couldn't find anything wrong. I thought it was maybe something to do with stretching his spine since he isn't very active :?. Just keeping an eye on him now and will take him for further tests if needed.

Does Jack move around a lot?

Glad to hear Jack seems to be doing a bit better :wave:

My Timmy has been pressing his tummy down a lot, but vet couldn't find anything wrong. I thought it was maybe something to do with stretching his spine since he isn't very active :?. Just keeping an eye on him now and will take him for further tests if needed.

Does Jack move around a lot?

sorry,
yeah he goes mental running,leaping about then calms down for a little depending on what mood hes in. Hes been flopping loads lately so he is happy. He doesn't ever get locked away so he can run about as much as he wants or not.
He's still pressing his tum down and like you say it does look like hes stretching his spine out. (this is what worried me as this is what my other lil boy done before we got diagnosed with his hips and he had to be pts) but vets checked him over and like you cant find anything wrong.
I'm glad im not the only paranoid mummy ;) seriously thank you for replying I feel better knowing that your having same problems but nothings found.

Back