• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Odd find in the bunny shed!

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
Giving Beano and Gordon their breakfast this morning and saw some fur in their crate on their blanket, they are moulting and when brushing them yesterday I got out quite a few tufts and it was Gordon (aqouti) coloured so that's what I thought it was. When I picked it up I soon realised it wasn't! Dropped it and it was a little mouse, rather squished and battered :( Beano then quite happily hopped past and gave it a nudge! Poor little thing looked like it had been gone for a while, I think it must have come in the bunnies Ings hay? I think it was already dead but I didn't see it when feeding buns as it was late as I was working until 12am and the lights in the shed only light up their crate a bit. Don't know how it had been moved from where they have hay and onto their blanket though :shock: Moved poor mouse under the shubbery next to the shed.

It could well of nipped in at some point through your mesh door and died in there? :wave:

This. When we had Cuddles (RIP) we found a mousey in his hutch, no idea how it got in there and decided it must have crept in when he was out and the door had been left open.

I've had a dead field mouse and a half a dead bird in a bag of hay i've had before. Unfortuantely, i would expect it to be reasonably common.

Back