• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vets4Pets vaccinations for life £99

Aliswan

Warren Scout
Just rang my vet to book my 2 in for their boosters, and have been told that they now do vaccinations for life for a 1 off payment of £99 each. This includes an annual health check and the combined vaccine for myxi and VHD. It's normally £42 for the vaccine so it's a good saving over the life of buns.

Just rang my vet to book my 2 in for their boosters, and have been told that they now do vaccinations for life for a 1 off payment of £99 each. This includes an annual health check and the combined vaccine for myxi and VHD. It's normally £42 for the vaccine so it's a good saving over the life of buns.

Yep I got this, agree its good value as both of mine are 7 months old so I am hoping they last a very long time!

I really hope it encourages more rabbit owners to vaccinate their pets. My 2 are just over a year old so I think I'll save a lot in the long run!

My vets do this too. When we got T&F, it was £70 each. That was 3 years ago though, so not sure how much it is now.

It would be great if a lot of vets started doing this. Expensive to start, but pretty awesome long term.

I would certainly buy it.

I thought it was just for dogs and cats, I complained last year when they said it wasn't available for rabbits.
I will have to ring up and enquire.
Its about time they did it for bunsters, they always get left out. Unless its since they've brought the new vaccine in.:thumb:

I thought it was just for dogs and cats, I complained last year when they said it wasn't available for rabbits.
I will have to ring up and enquire.
Its about time they did it for bunsters, they always get left out. Unless its since they've brought the new vaccine in.:thumb:

I complained last year too but it definitely includes rabbits now. If they dispute it when you call just quote their website :D

it is a good deal but i am cynical over things and worry especially with the likes of large companies like vets 4 pets of what would happen if they go into receivership or get taken over!

if it does encourage people to vaccinate though, i am all for it.

a few vets here aren't using the combi vac yet but say its just until they use up the old seperate ones first.
i rang around when i took Angus on permanently last month but am hoping by the end of August when the girls are due they will have it in.

going to have to ring them again about this as i asked in April and they told me it was only for cats and dogs :?

Oh I could use them for vaccinations only then go back to my normal vets, or do you think that would cause problems?

Oh I could use them for vaccinations only then go back to my normal vets, or do you think that would cause problems?

They can be funny if you have treatment at different vets but just for vaccinations I wouldn't think anyone would have a problem with it.

They can be funny if you have treatment at different vets but just for vaccinations I wouldn't think anyone would have a problem with it.

Yeah I wouldn't think about going elsewhere for treatments as my current vets is 24 hrs, the surgery / hospital hub is 5 min walk from me.

But as you say vaccinations are different

Hi, sorry if i got this wrong but do you mean you only have to vaccinate them once in their entire life or every year :?

No, as I understand it (from TV advert) is that you make a one off payment of £99 and they are contracted to vaccinate your pet for the rest of their lives. It's an absolute bargain considering the vaccinations seem to average about £35 around the country.

Personally though, I prefer to have them vaccinated at the practice where they have the rest of their treatment, especially if they are in any way health compromised.

Back