• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this a good hutch? ETA: Another question....

Personally I wouldn't - I have one very similar (from a former iteration of the same seller I think) and the wood is unbelievably soft and flimsy, it's made from chinese fur or similar I seem to recall, I only used it about 3 times as a foster hutch and the last occupants ate their way out. I would avoid and spend your money on something made from a more robust wood. Also that particular model looks as if the end part of the mesh does not open, which would make it a nightmare to clean and stressful for bunnies if you needed to get in there to handle them.

I don't think it's worth it tbh. I've got a hutch exactly the same size with the roof on hinges, so the buns don't feel so closed in when I'm at work (they're house rabbits), and I only paid £63.00 including delivery from some guy on eBay. I've had it for about a year and a half now and even though they chew it all the time, it's still in pretty good condition.

I'd keep looking.

Hope this has helped.

Describing a 5 ft x 2ft x 2 ft (each level) as a "giant hutch" ought to be banned under the Trades Descriptions Act.

As for the comment "give your rabbit, the space they deserve" - yes that's true - so don't buy this small hutch

Describing a 5 ft x 2ft x 2 ft (each level) as a "giant hutch" ought to be banned under the Trades Descriptions Act.

As for the comment "give your rabbit, the space they deserve" - yes that's true - so don't buy this small hutch

:thumb:

Mind you Jill - I've seen 3ft hutches on eBay described as 'large'. Tried reporting but eBay don't have any rules over it so won't do anything :(

I don't think it will be good quality simply because I have one of similar size which cost a lot more than £109

Unless I'm wrong, it is only 4 ft wide?

I don't know what the actual measurements are because I forgot to take the tape measure into the store but it is pretty big, I could get inside it and get the doors shut :?

depending on how much room you have, B&Q have a shed for 109.00 and it has a lean to which would be easy to put wire round, hole in the side of the shed and you have a (small) outdoor area. that with the shed still better than the hutch and you can add levels.

I don't know what the actual measurements are because I forgot to take the tape measure into the store but it is pretty big, I could get inside it and get the doors shut :?

Sorry, I must have misunderstood - I was taking the info from the measurements on the link you posted.

I have one off the pets at home ones in the link. Its lasted a year and still going strong and its a good size my rabbits love it. :)

Back