• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help needed...Not who I thought!

Rab-bit

Alpha Buck
I finally had my dream come true when my boyfriend brought me my first house rabbit (I have owned outdoor rabbits in the past). She is a giant papillion and beautiful. We got her from a breeder and settled her in she was instantly relaxed and loves to binky and chat.
Yesterday after 4 weeks I finally took her to the vet for her mxyi vaccination and the vet (after quite a struggle) did the necessary and gave her a quick check over and discovered she ................. Was actually a HE!!!!!! I was horrified as I specifically wanted a female and he was Molly my beautiful girl but not anymore... Don't get me wrong after the shock I realised a name change was in order but my boyfriend and I are stuck..... Pls help nothing suits him :(

He is so handsome and naughty with beautiful markings i will try to upload a picture......

Thanks for your help. P.s. he is white and black with HUGE black ears

Have you tried Monty - my in laws had a little kitten called molly... who went in for her first jabs and they found out she was a little he, so now he is monty.

It sounds similar so was easy to change over to.

My bridge bunny Hazel-rah was a boy bunny... who turned out to be a she bunny (adopted from pets at home, was called Jack- was apparently 6 months old, but you'd think they would have checked by then!). luckily Hazel was a good name for a girl anyway!

I struggle to tell my rabbits apart... one girl and one boy, think i'm going to get mixed up a few times taking them to the vets...

Or Golly, short for Goliath, which is a good name for a giant from the biblical story where the giant goliath was defeated by David.

Have you tried Monty - my in laws had a little kitten called molly... who went in for her first jabs and they found out she was a little he, so now he is monty.

It sounds similar so was easy to change over to.

My bridge bunny Hazel-rah was a boy bunny... who turned out to be a she bunny (adopted from pets at home, was called Jack- was apparently 6 months old, but you'd think they would have checked by then!). luckily Hazel was a good name for a girl anyway!

I struggle to tell my rabbits apart... one girl and one boy, think i'm going to get mixed up a few times taking them to the vets...

Monty is cute .... I'm sort of glad this is fairly common because the receptionist and random man at the vets thought it was pretty funny that she is a he! The guy suggested Olly but it just doesn't seem right? I tried it for a while...

I have many bunneis with gender crossed names (have male Sky, Angel, Star, Dawn, Hope :lol:). If you like it, then it doesn't matter. He won't mind what he is called :)

And welcome to the site :)

Or Golly, short for Goliath, which is a good name for a giant from the biblical story where the giant goliath was defeated by David.

He is very fearless ... And now hungry better get him some grub I will run these past my boyfriend when he gets in...

More suggestions welcome and thanks redFraggle and MotherPanda :)

I have many bunneis with gender crossed names (have male Sky, Angel, Star, Dawn, Hope :lol:). If you like it, then it doesn't matter. He won't mind what he is called :)

And welcome to the site :)

I am glad to be apart of the community I have been reading your stories for a while.... Heartbreaking and hilarious all in one site. I love that you all love bunnies so much although sometimes you frighten me with the sad stories :(

Monty is cute .... I'm sort of glad this is fairly common because the receptionist and random man at the vets thought it was pretty funny that she is a he! The guy suggested Olly but it just doesn't seem right? I tried it for a while...

Monty is good - Montmorency for formal occasions!!!

A breeder should have been able to tell the difference - its not that difficult really even before the 'plums' show

1941032f.jpg

Hope you like the photo?

Really I think that, given you thought he was a girl, and you had your heart set on a girl, he needs a new home, so therefore he should come to me :mrgreen: :love: ;)

Really I think that, given you thought he was a girl, and you had your heart set on a girl, he needs a new home, so therefore he should come to me :mrgreen: :love: ;)

Nice try sky-o ;) but boy or girl he is still my baby. I think he knows what we are saying he is binkying and showing off :lol:

Nice try sky-o ;) but boy or girl he is still my baby. I think he knows what we are saying he is binkying and showing off :lol:

:cry: :lol: Oh wel, it was worth a try. Having a bunny just like him is what my dream is. One day it shall be.

Back